The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hello from a middle-aged musician, UK!
Old 22nd August 2020
Gear Head

Hello from a middle-aged musician, UK!

Hi there!

Musician on a mission! Turning 47 next month (yikes!) and after many years of procrastination and self-loathing I've decided to give music a "proper" go again and re-join GS!

Last year I interviewed Gaz Williams, Dave Spiers and John Brown from a Music Q&A programme I filmed... then COVID happened(!), so it got shelved... but... recently I picked it back up again and it was the push I needed to get my channel, social media accounts and music up and running.

The Music Q&A is based on the simple premise of "Three people, Three minutes, One question". All about music and the music industry.

If anyone's interested, here's the first episode:

Anyway, I plan on being active both on here and in the social media domain (yuk!) as my passion is electronic synth music (although I do also play other instruments and compose in various styles) and have visited GS numerous (too numerous!?) times over the years.

There's a very knowledgeable bunch of people here and I look forward to discussing the ins and outs of synths with you all.

Zaff.

Old 22nd August 2020
Gear Head
Hi Mark,
many are big into synths here, and the career change/renaissance is common enough! It's a new golden age for synths and modular, so your timing is perfect

Cheers, Rich
Old 22nd August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFB4 View Post
many are big into synths here, and the career change/renaissance is common enough! It's a new golden age for synths and modular, so your timing is perfect

Cheers, Rich
Thanks, Rich.

Yeah, I’ve been on GS in the past but inevitably left (as I normally do with most social media!). There’s a good crowd here.

Old 23rd August 2020
Greetings zaffinmusic

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 23rd August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Greetings zaffinmusic
Welcome to Gearslutz!
Thanks, Synth Guru! Is there any way my username could be changed from "zaffinmusic" to "Zaffin Music"?

Sorry for being a pain. I hadn't realised that I could have spaces in my username.

Old 23rd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaffinmusic View Post
Thanks, Synth Guru! Is there any way my username could be changed from "zaffinmusic" to "Zaffin Music"?

Sorry for being a pain. I hadn't realised that I could have spaces in my username.

Sure thing! I'll notify someone that can help.
Old 23rd August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Sure thing! I'll notify someone that can help.
Thank you!
Old 24th August 2020
Gear Head

Yey! Thank you for changing my username. I very much appreciate it.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear