The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hello, world!
Old 23rd July 2020
Here for the gear

Hello, world!

Hey all,

Longtime reader of the GearSlutz forums & finally decided to create my own account…

I'm a 25-year-old & relatively new to the music space. Long story short, I was extremely depressed about a year ago and decided I needed to try something I've never done before & would normally never do if I wanted to get out of the rut I was in. So I decided to do the most absurd thing I could think of: take a singing lesson.

I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated & have since more or less spent 8 hours / day over the past year learning about music production, vocal technique, and the greater industry as a whole.

I've acquired quite a collection of gear in this relatively small time-frame & intend on starting a solo career once all this corona stuff starts to die back down.

To give you an idea of how serious I'm taking this newfound passion, here's an partial list of my current gear:

- Sony C800-G, Condenser Microphone
- Blue Kiwi, Condenser Microphone
- Shure SM7B, Dynamic Microphone
- Tube Tech CL-1B, Compressor
- Vintech X73i, Mic Pre
- Avalon VT-737SP, Channel Strip
- Universal Apollo X4, Audio Interface
- Apollo Satellite (OCTO), DSP
- Dangerous Monitor ST, Monitor Controller
- & tons more misc recording gear

On top of this, I also take between 5-7 private vocal lessons / week with my 3 instructors (I noticed more rapid improvement by using different coaches vs all the same since they each have their own way of explaining things which has helped me grasp some concepts faster). One of my instructors is a world-class vocal coach who only works with the industry's best + rising stars… very blessed to have gotten her to agree to work with me.

Would love to chat with anyone here! I know I'm a bit of a unique case given pretty much everything stated above & my fortunate position to be able to fund my passion as aggressively as I have. I'm Los Angeles-based & very eager to connect with people in the industry.
Old 23rd July 2020
Greetings legreat

Welcome to Gearslutz 🙂🎤
Old 23rd July 2020
Lives for gear

Welcome @ legreat and who's your vocal coach?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear