The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Glad I've found you
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Glad to be here

Hi all,

So, during lock-down I though it'd be a great idea to delve into the world of home recording, so armed with review websites and ratings on sites like Amazon I jumped in with both feet trying to set up a home recording studio. All I owned before this was a mic which sat in a dusty cupboard for a couple of years.

So, after downloading a load of free (trail) DAWs like Studio One, Pro tools, Cakewalk and Ambleton, then buying a new 1TB HDD to accommodate all this new software I decided I needed an audio interface, read the reviews and bought a focusrite solo 3rd gen - great!.

Bought some headphones - same process - Behringer HPS 3000 - a bit plasticy but sound okish.

Then I thought I'd get a monitor - (same process, read reviews, etc) based on my limited means I went with a single monitor (went for quality rather than quantity) and bought a Alesis M1 active Mk3 - great!

Now - let's connect them up! Ah! ok - stereo to mono doesn't go!

Back to the internet, research, bought a Palmer Monicon Monitor controller to allow me to mono sum the output from the Focusrite.

So that's where I currently am - My monitor controller is due for delivery tomorrow.

I'll be searching the forum to get advise on which DAW to go with - currently Studio One is the most intuitive to use IMO, but early days yet.

I've not even mentioned the cables I've bought and then realised they're no what I need.

I'm glad I've found the forum, just wish I came here before buying the kit!

Ian
Old 2 weeks ago
Greetings Ian_B,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Welcome here!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Guys
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear