The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Came from Tweakheadz
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Came from Tweakheadz

So you can tell I've been around for awhile - but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing!

Looking forward to being able to ask questions rather than lurking for all these years.

Timbo
Old 4 weeks ago
Greetings timboalogo,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboalogo View Post
So you can tell I've been around for awhile - but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing!

Looking forward to being able to ask questions rather than lurking for all these years.

Timbo
Welcome!

Tweakheadz is where I started my journey. For a beginner it's a great resource.
Then I ventured to KVR, then to here. I don't go to Tweakheadz or KVR anymore, but they are great resources.

How is Tweakheadz these days? I don't think they ever updated the Guide, did they?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Unfortunately, Rich passed away a decade or so ago. Even with valiant efforts from some of the members here, the site faded away into spamming and oblivion.

Long live Tweak!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Oh yeah. I remember Tweakheadz. The guy was so cool and made those of us who were new and broke lol feel loved and inspired. I miss those days of the internet. Now all you have is people "borrowing gear" and making Youtube videos of gear they have no clue how to use or no talent to make it sing. Thanks Tweak.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboalogo View Post
Unfortunately, Rich passed away a decade or so ago. Even with valiant efforts from some of the members here, the site faded away into spamming and oblivion.

Long live Tweak!
I knew about Rich dying- there was a post about it here when it happened.

Too bad no one took ownership, updated it, and kept it alive. It was the best site for beginners like I was. Then again, at some point everyone evolves beyond their M-Audio 24/96. I can certainly thank that site for giving me direction; KVR for giving me ideas as to what is possible; and GS for giving me a much smaller bank account .
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
I knew about Rich dying- there was a post about it here when it happened.

Too bad no one took ownership, updated it, and kept it alive. It was the best site for beginners like I was. Then again, at some point everyone evolves beyond their M-Audio 24/96. I can certainly thank that site for giving me direction; KVR for giving me ideas as to what is possible; and GS for giving me a much smaller bank account .
I think Rich's brother tried to keep it going, and tried to monetize it a bit, but the forums ended up a ghost town. Now the domain forwards to zzounds
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStone View Post
I think Rich's brother tried to keep it going, and tried to monetize it a bit, but the forums ended up a ghost town. Now the domain forwards to zzounds
Too bad. I still visit the site on rare occasions- I'm getting my first patchbay shortly so I naturally went there for info. The dearly departed Rich has left some good info there that can still be relevant.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear