The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hello World
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello World

I became an "audiophile" back in 1990 when I first listened to DM's Violator on a set of nice headphones, hearing definition I hadn't experienced on my jambox prior. Fast forward 25 years later, when I began buying used audio equipment from Craigslist for stereo and HT use to begin satisfying a long lived itch.

While I have yet to graduate from integrated receivers, my foray into the AV world has been quite satisfying. I was thrilled to find an Arcam receiver a couple of years ago on eBay, and was finally able to answer the question: Could I really hear a difference over my entry level Yamaha? Yes, I'm a believer, but my explorations are still guided somewhat by pragmatism and am very budget minded.

I now have two entertainment areas: a 10' x 12' cinder living room (primary residence) along with a dedicated 16' x 30' home theater, each with a need for acoustic treatment. I'm jazzed to find additional DIY resources for each step of my journey as found on Gearslutz!

Happy to meet you,
Michael T
Austin, TX
Old 2 weeks ago
Greetings mijotu,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
'Hello World' is the application every software developer writes at some point. . .some write it thousands of times over their career.

. . .and I fall for it every time!

Ray H. [Software Dev]

Welcome, Michael T!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi, Michael!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search