The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Broadcast Geek
Old 17th February 2020
Here for the gear

Broadcast Geek

Hey all,

Just logging in to Gearslutz for the first time, and as I’m sure you know the Forum system invited me to write a brief introduction.

I’m a former broadcaster (Read: DJ) from the 70s and 80s, both on the air and on the engineering side. I’ve built numerous radio stations, and my primary interest is legacy analog gear. Right now I’m building a studio in the basement using gear from my own past that I have purchased from various places, mostly eBay, including a Pacific Recorders and Engineering BMX-II analog broadcast console (a real Cadillac of a board), an Otari MX-5050BII reel to reel machine that I’m trying desperately to resurrect, a couple of Denon 950-FA ”CD cart machines,” a Shure SM-7B, JBL monitors, a pair of AKG-240s just like the ones I used to wear 4 or 5 hours every day, an Orban Cooperator analog audio processor, and a stack of nine actual (real) analog broadcast tape cart machines, all ITC, both Delta and 99 series.

It brings back a lot of memories, and it sounds GREAT! If you’re interested in this kind of stuff, I’d love to chat with you.

Now, if I could just find somebody who still sells broadcast (tape) cart(ridge)s, so I have something to use in all these sadly empty cart machines I bought. Anybody got a source?

Thanks for reading!
Old 17th February 2020
Greetings mleppink,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search