The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hello!
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

Hello!

Hi,

my forum name is DrFireBottle but my real name is Marko.
I come from Croatia and I am 16 years old (17 soon).
I am mostly a Geekslutz guy 'cause I "design" and assemble guitar tube amps and also like to hang around tech that's 35yrs or older (and fix/maintain it too).
My biggest passion recently became making music, I play almost everything I can get a hold of (guitar works best for me even though I play drums, bass, banjo, keyboards etc.)

I mostly record stuff in style of Ted Nugent, Foghat, Rush (you get it) but I am not a stranger to jazz/pop/modern.

I may seem young but I learned a lot of stuff from YouTube (and later fat literature books) and my dad who has a home studio so that's the place from where my passion started.

I can get around computers very well (I use StudioOne) and it's the best it can be! But not for me, it's not my branch...

Currently I use a StudioOne 2.0 setup with Mackie 8 bus 32ch and solid Wharfedale studio monitors. What I really want to do is fully switch to multichannel reel to reels (yeah, I know it's expensive) and there's no stopping me, I am dead set on buying a Tascam TSR8 (my dad had it back in 89' and we have the tapes), since it's the best machine for the money and has MIDI! Only problem is I'm on the territory of ex Yugoslavia where Tascam/Teac devices (or Fostex, Otari, especially Studer) are very hard to find, next to impossible, even if you find them they're gonna be like 1300$ or more, the cheapest there is was a Fostex R8 which was not that great to begin with for 700$.

I have almost everything to make a good analog studio, the only thing that's missing is a multitrack deck (we already have a master one, Revox PR99 mkIII)

So, please help me!!

Best regards,
DrFireBottle
Old 30th January 2020
Greetings DrFireBottle,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search