The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hello all - I'm a live looper. Because there aren't enough of those around here... ;)
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello all - I'm a live looper. Because there aren't enough of those around here... ;)

Hi folks, just joined Gear Slutz today and though I'd say hello.

I'm one half of a live looping duo that uses two rediculously big rigs linked via midi. Everything we do has been arrived at by trial and error, usually after buying the wrong thing and realising what we actually needed.

The heart of the show is two RC300 Loopstations midi synced in master slave (mine is the master, which pisses Sophie right off), which gives us essentially a six track looper and four feet to control it with.

We each run guitars through a GR55 into a Voicelive3, giving us access to all the awesome brass and synth stuff from roland, as well as some great vocal reverbs, delays and harmonies from the VL3. We also use the vl3s for some rudimentary guitar effects, but we try not to be too reliant on the VL3s, because they've broken down on us at least four or five times now and had to be sent back for repair!

Anyway that's enough waffle - here's a song!

It would be a pleasure to meet some nice folks, partucularly if they have great ideas that I can steal...

I'll be popping up all over the forums asking childishly simple questions, and probably posting in the wrong place etc, so please be gentle while I figure out how this all works!!

Speak soon

Mat

www.thedistancelive.com
Old 3 weeks ago
Greetings matoneill,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you Synth Guru!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search