The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
slackoverflow - new UK producer
Old 14th October 2019
Here for the gear

slackoverflow - new UK producer

Hi all,

I'm just getting into the production/songwriting/synth game, one of those things where I realised if I didn't get started then I'll never do it, been doing this only since July and now have eight tracks out of I believe gradually increasing quality! The general genres I'm operating in are variously Techno, House, Ambient, Trip Hop etc. I've been a big music generally and electronic music fan (too many artists to name but I'm a big AFX fan for starters) for ever, but never really acted on making my own other than learning some instruments as a hobby.

So, I'm at the stage now where I'm starting to need some gear, probably some monitors are the obvious thing. I don't have a studio at home just a home study and want to spare the neighbours my kick drum so I'll be doing some research on this excellent forum here about cheap soundproofing. I'm also starting to do my own field recordings/foley to supplement the software synths I'm using, hoping to find some discussion here about good strategies! My current DAW is Ableton.
Old 14th October 2019
Greetings slackoverflow,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 14th October 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks Synthguru!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search