The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
StudioBeginner
Old 3rd October 2019
StudioBeginner

Hi Guys,

I'm a retired Navy Chaplain who was also, always a musician. I'm building a Home Studio to work on music I've been sitting on, some for as long as 30 years. It may not be current, but it's mine and I love it. I also want to be able to record small garage-type bands, even though my studio is in the upstairs guest room. It's big enough to accommodate a four-piece group.

Even though I was a Lower Brass major in college, and played keyboards in weekend dive bar jobs, I am now, principally a guitarist, and have been for 40 years or so.

I'll have some technical questions in the forum. I'm not very accomplished in the finesse of room frequencies and bass traps, sort of stuff. My previous 2 records were done at Studio West in Rancho Bernardo, California when Jon Mathias was Chief Engineer. Ther studio was top rate and Jon had a discography that anyone would envy. I was fortunate to learn a lot from him, and even got to help with the mixes. So, I need to recreate some of what a good studio room looks like. Looking forward to your advice.

Last edited by ckevansjr; 3rd October 2019 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: not finished
Old 5th October 2019
Greetings ckevansjr,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search