The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hey Everyone!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Hey Everyone!!

I wouldn't say I'm new here. I have been reading articles on this site for years, just never joined until now. I have been a musician and recording engineer for about 25 years now. I run a YouTube channel. I have a very old school in a modern world way of doing things. I listen to all sorts of music but my mains would be hard rock and metal. Anywho, looking forward to helping out here where I can.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Well, (sorta) welcome to GearSlutz, Jeff!

I checked out your YT channel, and I have to say I'm really, really impressed! Being a photographer, do you do all your videos and editing on YT? I'm only asking because they're really slick.

Anyway, there are other people into audio and video (@studio460 -- lookin' at you...), so there's a pretty massive variety of talent and experience. Look forward to lively discussion!
Old 4 weeks ago
Hey, thanks for the “sorta” welcome lol. And thanks for the kind words on the channel. I don’t want to spam anyone so i figured putting the link in my signature would be a good idea.

Yes I do all the video work and editing myself. Being a photographer, jumping into video isn’t overly difficult. Most of the same stuff applies. Even working in Premiere isn’t that different than using a DAW. At least in my experience anyway.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Welcome @ jbastienmusic and I look forward to you being here, what's your musical backstory?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
Welcome @ jbastienmusic and I look forward to you being here, what's your musical backstory?
Well, I started into this world just before high school. That’s when I started playing bass and drums. I was also a sound engineer at a local theatre that same summer.

Got a Tascam 106 mixer not long after and would jam with friends and we would track thru the tascam into a tape deck. Eventually moved on to tascam porta-studios and my first DAW was Cakewalk back in the late 90’s.

I picked up guitar as well sometime in high school. Have been in a number of locals bands either playing guitar, drums or bass over the years. All the while recording and trying to learn as much as I can.

I’ve also scored 3 local short indie films. Film scoring is a different animal all together lol. I recently started a YouTube channel. I have learned much over the last 25 years and try to learn more and/or improve most everyday. Learning is sort of an addiction for me. So I started a channel to share everything I have learned along the way and anything I learn going forward with anyone who cares to listen lol.

I also have a, almost unique approach to recording. I’m very big on pre-pro tools and computer recording methods, but adapting them in a modern way. I could go down the rabbit hole trying to explain it so I’ll just stop here before I end up writing a book no one will read lol.

I think that’s about the long and short of it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Greetings jbastienmusic,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Welcome!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search