The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Greetings from a UK Hip Hop producer
Old 11th September 2019
Greetings from a UK Hip Hop producer

Greetings all. I thought it was about time to join as I seemed to keep finding a link to Gearslutz when looking for reviews or information when looking for gear. Having spent a few months just reading I thought it about time that I join in properly.

A little about me - i'm a Hip Hop producer/DJ from Bristol UK and am an electronic engineer for a living but sadly not in the audio world. Outside of my 9-5 I run 2 small record labels - 1 for Hip Hop and 1 for Funk and both specializing in vinyl with occasional cassette or CD releases when applicable.

I've been making music for over 20 years and started much the same as many others with an Akai MPC 2000XL and entry level mixer, effects, comps, etc... progressing up to better but perhaps still not professional league gear but still using my original MPC. I do everything in hardware and only bounce down to a computer as a final stage to get the songs in the domain for sending to vocalists or off to mastering. This is by choice as prefer not to be looking at a computer screen as I do this most of the day at work.

Looking forward to getting into the discussions.
Old 11th September 2019
Greetings mrfantastic,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search