The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Greetings all!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Greetings all!

Greetings to you all, I've lurked around this forum for ages on and off but finally decided to sign up and get involved!

My name is Lawrence, I'm from the Chicago area and I have been playing guitar for around 36 years now (and I really ought to be much better at it by now, but oh well, lol.) I have played and currently play in a wide variety of bands around the Midwest U.S., doing everything from Classic Rock to Southern Rock to '80's Pop to various kinds of Metal and so on. I also play some bass guitar, keys, and have continued to develop my vocals more and more over the years. Also lately I've been really enjoying doing solo and duo acoustic gigs, seems like more and more venues are going for that smaller, more intimate type of show these days and I'm kinda digging it.

While I am a bit of a "gear nerd" to some degree, I don't get snobby about it and I'm pretty open minded to trying out different gear of all types and price-levels. Some of my favorite pieces of gear cost me next to nothing. Some of my most disappointing purchases cost me a fortune. And vice versa. It's part of the fun seeking out and trying new gear, usually!

In terms of the gear I normally use, I love experimenting with all different kinds of pedals, and I have been a devoted user of Seymour Duncan pickups since I was young. Usually my preferred guitars are Fender (and Squier), older Gibson's, ESP/LTD, and Charvel. Though again, I've played many "cheap" guitars from other brands that've blown me away, and I own around two dozen guitars and basses at this moment. Amp-wise I've been using my old Marshalls and Jet City amps a lot lately. I tend to favor Ovations and Alvarez acoustics, too.

Anyhow, hoping to have some fun discussions about all kinds of music and various types of gear, seems like a cool community. Cheers!
Old 6 days ago
Greetings LarBaritone99,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search