The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
My name is Trent Be
Old 6th September 2019
Here for the gear
My name is Trent Be

Yo! My name is Trenton Benard, and I write lyrics and record songs as Treloquence.

I'm from Southern California, I've fermented nicely across a broad band of the locale (from Los Angeles to the Inland Empire), I've been writing and recording in serious efforts for about seven years, and I'm currently learning more about DAWs and utilizing the tools available in them.

My goal in practicing the utilization of various tools and plug-ins (from the basics to the phunky stuff) is that I aim to be completely capable of recording and engineering my music on my own. I appreciate that there are others out there who dedicate themselves wholly to the craft of mixing/engineering, and I do plan to practice partnership and delegation in both the near and distant future. However, I want to be always assured that I am capable of creating from start to finish on my own whenever I feel the need/desire. I'm working on multiple projects at the moment, and have found myself referencing the Gearslutz forums multiple times over the passed couple of years in my pursuit of learning. I figured as I read up today on a 2008 post (about what RMS means in compression) that I may as well get in on the goodness going on over here.

I haven't been active on a forum in years, the last time I was committed being a roleplay game forum I participated in back in high school ('09-'11). I'm excited to be here and I appreciate your presence, wisdom, and comradeship!
To Creation!
Old 6th September 2019
Greetings treloquence,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Have fun.
Old 6th September 2019
7+1
Lives for gear

Welcome Trent... Have a great weekend!
Old 9th September 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome @ treloquence and what genre(s) do you make and what's your musical backstory?
Old 10th September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
Welcome @ treloquence and what genre(s) do you make and what's your musical backstory?
Thank You! I create Hip-Hop and Rap music with all kinds of sound and style influences. I enjoy all genres of music, anything that pleases my ear / makes me feel deeply. I grew up memorizing the rap songs from the radio and once I was introduced to poetry in school I became fond of writing my own. I transitioned in high school to writing raps (It was still poetry but the intention now was turning it into rap music), particularly after being challenged to participate in a YouTube cypher by a classmate. I kept writing rhymes and noticed I couldn't stop. I began coming up with remixed versions to my favorite songs/beats because I had a feeling that I could kill it better than the original artist. When I graduated a friend loaned me some equipment and told me to make some things happen, so I recorded my first project between the garages of two other friends.

Since then I've elevated my craft, my perception, and my mission. I used to have a determination to make music to make a lot of money. I now have a determination to make music because I enjoy it, and I have a skill that I shall make care to appreciate and cultivate. I've grown to respect the craft that I am a practitioner of and provide more respect and care to the culture surrounding the craft, the culture that truly opens the space so that I also have an opportunity to create. I have a couple of projects live online and I released a remix compilation earlier this year that I spent all of last year working on. I'm preparing multiple additions to my discography now, what I think are the most promising and valuable of any projects I have yet created.

I have some links (in my bio?) if You all would like to check out some of my work! No pressure haha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search