The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
KyleLake Introduction
Old 27th August 2019
Here for the gear

KyleLake Introduction

Hi folks!

Not all too much to tell about me that I can think of right now (I'm bad at these introduction things).

I'm 22 years old and I live in Detroit, Michigan! I started playing piano and taking lessons when I was 3 and haven't looked back since, saxophone when I was about 12, and have "taught" myself to be semi-fluent in many other instruments as well. I have been fascinated with techno history, culture, and the sound for a few years now, after I spent about a year just learning about authentic electronic music in general and developed my taste. As soon as I found the sound, I started to attempt to make my own. So I've been bedroom producing for about 2 years now and slowly accumulating equipment.

I recently have become enthralled with analog gear and other things that I can't afford, and I'm interested in learning about circuitry so that I can hopefully get some used/for parts gear and start really getting to the bottom of analog gear maintenance and repair. I figure that would be a real solid way to get into the realm.

Yeah, that's what I got! Excited to be here and learn and discuss!
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome @ KyleLake and start w/the history of where you are at geographically in regards to Techno.
Old 27th August 2019
Here for the gear

@ boombapdame Thanks for the welcome buddy! And yes I am very, very familiar with the history of Detroit techno. I have lived in Michigan my whole life but moved here solely for that history, so I could work, live, breathe, and create in the midst of techno's origin. I've been actively working on getting my vinyl collection filled with Saunderson, Craig, Talley, Trasnmat releases, Omar S., and many more since I've been. It's easy when you're in the homeland
Old 27th August 2019
Greetings KyleLake,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search