The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
G'day!
Old 27th August 2019
Here for the gear

G'day!

Hi all

I've been a lurker on these boards for many years, finally joined up. I'm a 28 y/o songwriter/studio junkie from Australia. I'm a real sucker for nice microphones.

I finally joined because I was/am keen on buying a Neumann U87 AI this week. I was able to borrow one yesterday to do a back-to-back comparison with my current mic (AKG-214). The 87 didn't live up to its expectations however, there is a possibility that it has been damaged and dropped many times. It also hasn't had a service in over 10 years, if not ever. Mic is 30 years old.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts and I'll upload the example on the appropriate board.

Ta!
Old 27th August 2019
Greetings chasingtheflame,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 27th August 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome @ chasingtheflame and when, where, what age, etc. did you get started in music?
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
Welcome @ chasingtheflame and when, where, what age, etc. did you get started in music?
Thanks mate! I began playing piano when I was 7 or 8, then choir/voice/piano throughout school..and then when I was 20 I did a course in music production at uni (or college depending on where in the world you are!).

I was the only female in that class and so I kind-of hated it at first, but after a while I fell in love with music production and it's become a huge part of my life. I'll always remember our teacher saying "You will never listen to music the same way again after this course" ha.

I also teach voice privately and I'm in the process of setting up a small facility for music production at the music school that I teach at

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search