The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hi from Bristol UK!
Old 22nd August 2019
Here for the gear

Hi from Bristol UK!

Hi,

I'm Jake and I'm new here!

I'm an assistant sound editor based in Bristol in the UK and I just started working in Audio Post in the last 6 months.

I'm just about to complete my MA in Sound Design and the post house that I work at has offered me a full time position starting from October so I'm very excited to sink my teeth into some pro work!

I did an undergrad degree in music and graduated back in 2014, in my spare time I make drone/noise/ambient (whatever you wanna call it, ya know, weird s**t) music with prepared guitars, old cassette tapes and that kinda thing.

I've also just started dabbling in circuit bending and MaxMSP and I like to try and field record when I can, this is what I'd like to focus on developing as a skill over the next few years.

I came to gearslutz to help me meet (virtually at least) more pro audio folks from different backgrounds, share what little knowledge I have and learn from some of the more experienced folks here.

I don't really have much gear at home (although I get to play with an S6 and various other goodies at work) other than my trusty Zoom H1 (which is kinda crappy but an old friend) and an old Macbook Pro running Pro Tools, Max and a couple of other bits and bobs of software.

Looking forward to learning from everyone here, thanks for having me!
Old 22nd August 2019
Greetings submergedtapes,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search