The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I'm some dude named alex, new here
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted 9452d61
I'm some dude named alex, new here

Alex Aston, to be correct. I go by the alias Dildor or DildorOfDildonia because i like nerdy fantasy games/books/movies. It's a mixture of dumbledor and dildo. I am proud of myself for coming up with it and it makes me laugh.

Anyways i got my first guitar christmas 2006, havent put it down since. Learned to sing along the way, found out i had a knack for writting music and been writing and playing since.

I have 25 fully written songs, ranging from 3 to 10 minutes, most of them are in some weird alternative tuning because i can be more creative with weird tunings than standard or drop d. Although i do have a few songs in those tunings. I do not know music theory, or wonderwall, or enter sandman lol.. My music goes from indie to hard rock. It's got an a perfect circle, tokyo police club mood to it.

I joined this thread because i found a drummer who likes my music and wants to be in a band with me, his names Wyatt. He's 23 and I'm 24. We are from Austin, Texas.

I've always dreamt of making a living on my music but the market is over saturated and i doubt it will ever happen. My music does stand out though, it is unique and i do put alot of effort into it. So I'm hopeful.

I joined this forum because after researching other audio forums, i believe this one has the least amount of bull****. And maybe i could make a few friends or connections.

I also decided to record our bands demo from home. I have Harrison Mixbus, Mulab and Audacity to work with. I have a Sure SM-58 and a tascam dr-05. A custom made axel guitar, forgot the name of the guitars pick-ups but it sounds great. A liberty 4500 PA speaker that i play my guitar through and a new MXR ten band equilizer.

Believe it or not, my set up sounds ****ing fantastic.

Regardless, i will be recording a rough draft of the demo with my very basic microphones and gear, then i will get a good audio interface and two good microphones and record the actual demo. Hopefully you guys can help me pick that stuff.. be warned, i will be asking a lot of very dumb, basic questions on the forum, if they werent asked already, and i will need very basic answers. I do not hardly know anything about recording electric guitar and vocals. Or mixing and mastering a demo.

Look forward to this endevor, happy to be here - Alex (AKA) Dildor
Old 3 weeks ago
Greetings DildorOfDildonia,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted 9452d61
Thanks dude, 'Priciate it. I was trying to find out how to reply and pressed this button that looks like a piece of paper with a plus. Dont know what it did. Using phone btw.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search