The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hello, fresh to the scene.
Old 15th June 2019
Hello, fresh to the scene.

Chingy here. I specialize in composing music using a DAW.

By "specialize"... I mean, well, I've recently only started doing this about a week ago.
I picked up a DAW software, and started playing around with it... and I immediately fell in love with it. I've never had so much fun before, and it was very satisfying to listen to what you have just painstakingly made...

Anyway... I used to play the guitar a long time ago. I aspired to become a great musician one day, but I had to give up that dream due to various reasons. I did not want to continue living my life filled with regrets, so I've made my choice. Life is a wild ride, and... here I am today.

Now, I want to compose music for a living. I know it is tough, but I will persevere. I am quite new to this field, so if anyone has any suggestions for someone going "pro", I would kindly take any good ol' advice. What I'm most worried about are those business/legal stuff, as I'm totally detached from these kind of things.. I'm currently experiencing financial issues, so.. yeah, guess I'll just have to trudge through it somehow.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, as this place seems to be professional, and I'm pretty much a newbie. Kinda lost, so I googled "music forums" and found my way down here. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, and I hope we get along.

This is the first track I've made, I hope you guys enjoy it.
If you liked it, please share it with your friends.
I am not a very social person, so... you guessed it, I can only rely on those few lucky random clicks to get known...

Thanks for listening, and I hope you guys have a good day.
Old 16th June 2019
Greetings Chingy,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Have fun.
Old 4 weeks ago
newbies welcome too! there's a newbie section you can ask all your questions
Old 4 weeks ago
Hi, thanks guys! I'm looking forward to learning something new... but I'm too sure where to start... oh well, I'll make it somehow!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So what DAW software did you acquire that you so quickly fell in love with it?
Nice track. I think you'll do well.
I just kind of stumbled into this site while researching a mac problem and wanting to reply to a comment, but I have a times played with a couple of (free or trail use) DAWs, so I thought I'd stay poke around in here.
Cheers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search