The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Cabaret Voltaire quote source
Old 24th May 2019
Here for the gear

Cabaret Voltaire quote source

Does anyone know where the source of this quote from Cabaret Voltaire comes from?

Any help would be appreciated.

richard h kirk words

"As far as we were concerned at that time anyone who was a drummer wouldn't hold down just a pulse. They wanted to play like Emerson Lake and Palmer, horrible progressive music. We saw these little drum machines which then were only used by people doing the Working Men's Clubs. We thought they were perfect for us and we just put it through an echo. They're all in there (indicates the store-room). We bought the first one which was a Farfisa that I'd actually seen on the inside of the first Kraftwerk album. Then we got a Selmer which was amazing because it could do drum rolls. None of these were programmable, it had three different varieties, a drum roll every four bars or every eight or whatever. It was the one we used on "Nag Nag Nag". It had quite a hard sound whereas the other one was a bit wishy washy. Then I think we bought one off A Certain Ratio, an Electro Harmonix; it was good, it had a separate bass drum output. The bass drum was very similar to the 808 bass drum. We've never thrown any of it away. I'm still sampling bits and pieces off these old boxes."

Cheers from the desert,
Alan
Old 6th June 2019
Greetings Alan R,

Can't say I've heard of that quote before. Maybe on Google?

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search