The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hello All - Greetings from Tanzania
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hello All - Greetings from Tanzania

Hello All,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to quickly introduce myself to this community which seems to be the "go to" for all my questions......and I have a lot!

My name is Erwin and I am a Dutch national living in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (East Africa) for the last 12 years. Having been a bit of an audiophile in my younger years - I'm 52 now - I have recently taken on the challenge of designing and building a recording studio from scratch.

The not-for-profit company I'm volunteering for is called Africa Inside Out (AIO) which specializes in Advocacy and Communication as well as designing and implementing Corporate Social Responsibility projects but....rather than waiting for companies and NGO's to engage them, they start/self finance many projects using that as leverage for buy-in from potential donors.

(Analog) radio - radio drama - is still considered to be one of the most effective communication platforms but proper (live) recording studios are few and far behind hence they have now decided to built a for purpose studio. Obviously with (very) limited resources and the additional challenge of sheer product availability.

I look forward to virtually meet some of you in my search for answers to my many questions.
Old 1 week ago
welcome Erwin!
sounds like you'll be able to share a lot of interesting studio build things with us! thank you
Old 1 week ago
Greetings TZounds,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

You've come to the right place for answers!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Welcome @TZounds and what is the music scene like?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search