The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New User HELP please! Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

New User HELP please!

Hello - my name is Craig and I'm from Scotland.

I'm looking to put together a small bedroom studio set up, and I want to start with the Roland TR8S and Novation BassStation2 Synth. I have watched a few videos using this combo and would love to have some fun playing around with them also!

Question is, where do I start! Do I really need a computer to work with these machines straight away, or can I can hook them up and play them independent of a computer?

I really need to know what to buy to get me going/hooked up without wasting time/money. Sure I will need speaker monitors for the audio but what else... Audio Interface? Can I computer come over time?...

I really just want to have some fun with the TR8S and Novation BassStation2 - what gear do I need to make this happen folks?

Any help here would be really appreciated :-)

Cheers,
Craig
Old 2 weeks ago
Greetings MoGz,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Welcome @MoGz but place your gear issue in Newbie forum.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGz View Post
Hello - my name is Craig and I'm from Scotland.

I'm looking to put together a small bedroom studio set up, and I want to start with the Roland TR8S and Novation BassStation2 Synth. I have watched a few videos using this combo and would love to have some fun playing around with them also!

Question is, where do I start! Do I really need a computer to work with these machines straight away, or can I can hook them up and play them independent of a computer?

I really need to know what to buy to get me going/hooked up without wasting time/money. Sure I will need speaker monitors for the audio but what else... Audio Interface? Can I computer come over time?...

I really just want to have some fun with the TR8S and Novation BassStation2 - what gear do I need to make this happen folks?

Any help here would be really appreciated :-)

Cheers,
Craig
Hi Craig,

What exactly you should buy depends very much on your budget but you already need a computer either Win or Mac. Best a powerful one. Then you need a DAW such as Ableton, Cubase, FL Studio etc etc, which suits you better. Then you need an interface for example USB, Focusrite, M-Audio, Steinberg, etc. For the beginning, headphones, otherwise monitor speakers. I know, that can be a lot in the beginning but you have to go through it.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search