The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introduction-Parent of Owen Davey
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Introduction-Parent of Owen Davey

Hi Everyone. I look forward to learning from all the gurus and creative minds here. Some of you may have seen my 14 year old son’s viral cover videos where he plays and records every instrument/track from bands such as Tool, Rush, Metallica, Megadeth and Pantera. (some of those bands have shared them). We have a 150 year old church and will be setting up a studio for him to record so he can write his own music. It is a blank slate so I will be spending a lot of time on here getting ideas since I’ll have to do a lot of the work myself. Owen has several endorsement deals so is fortunate to have some top notch gear. I studied sound engineering back in the late 80s so I have a base understanding of the fundamentals that have stayed consistent and relevant but have much to learn about everything else.) Fortunately Owen seems to learn by osmosis so he is an incredible resource. I can’t wait to dig in and learn from tapping into all the experienced and knowledgeable people that are kind enough to share.
Old 3 days ago
Greetings Artyskidmark,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Welcome @Artyskidmark and who/what piqued your son's interest?
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I credit Metallica. We have always taken our kids to live shows and play every kind of music around the house It was Metallica’s Orion that inspired him to run a kickstarter to get a drum kit and record it playing every part last year. When it went viral he was hooked. We knew he was musical. He has played piano since he was 6 but I had know idea what he was capable of until that day in the studio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search