The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hey from Canton GA!
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Head

Hey from Canton GA!

Hey everyone. I have been a Gearslut for a while but have done more reading than posting. I have been word of mouth in the Atlanta area for years. I recently took the next step in branching out and hope it brings in more clients from everywhere. I have been mixing/tracking/producing since I was 16. I’m 36 now. (Getting old sucks!) if you want to check out my studio you can do so at Joint Venture Studios | Where Sound Meets Vision . I would love to assist anyone that could benefit from my services. I am trying to figure out the best way to advertise. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Happy to be a part of this community and hope that I can contribute more now than I did in the past. Happy mixing and cheers! - Mike
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Welcome.. I'm about 1hr and half south of you near Warner Robins, GA.

Are those all local area ATL artists listed on your site?
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Head

not all, but some of them are. Tyler Porch, Bobby Zeeto and I think a couple more are Atlanta artists. Thanks for visiting my site! Yeah your not far at all! If you ever want to work together on something let me know. Cheers and nice to meet you man!
Old 16th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Sounds good. Do you produce your own stuff too?

I'm not full time by any means. Just been doing this as a hobby for 18+ years; Lately been trying to get into Sync Licensing TV/Games/Film/Ads ect...
Just not sure how to go about it. I posted some questions on gearslutz about how too get into that..so far only 1 reply with none of my questions actually answered;
only negative things to say about some half done stuff on my reverb nation page.... (Maybe I should clean it up a tad...

People can be quite harsh here; not sure why...If someone was to ask a question
about my full-time job and show interest I would love to share what I could about the Avionics/Electronics stuff I do at my day Job...

The only big name stuff I had a part in was a few pre-mixes that went on the First Phillip Phillips CD...And I also did some pre-production work years before he got big.
Old 16th October 2018
Lives for gear

Welcome @[email protected] and what kind of music do you produce and what is the "urban" (I hate that word regarding Black music) scene like in ATL?
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Had a chance too listen to some of the stuff; my fav is
Spencer and Sequoyia & Ashleigh Watson.

I think they could be marketable; I like their sound and like their looks.

Good luck bro!!
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Head

@juiseman I do produce my own stuff. I am also a writer and I play guitar and bass. Some drums and piano but they aren’t my go to instruments. As far as getting placement in TV and Games, I know their are companies that do this for a cut of your profit. A&R can be a useful tool but it comes at a price. If you network then you can cut out the middle man and do it and keep your royalties.

People are mean. You have to have thick skin in this business. In one ear and out the other man. There are a lot of wanna- be’s out there that thrive on outing others down. They probably don’t have a lot tied to their name anyway. It isn’t worth your time fooling with folks like those. I will help you out in any way that I can.

Thanks for listening to some of my mixes! Stay in touch brother! Keep making music! Cheers!
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Head

@boombapdame The hip hop scene is pretty big here in Atlanta. I guess that comes with any big city. I have worked with artist in almost every genre. I enjoy all types of music. I produce more country, pop, and rock records than anything else. I have worked and will continue to work with hip hop artists as well. If you listen to some of my work you can see I try to stay diverse. Hope this answers your question. In a city with over 5 million people, the music scene has anything you could ever want. Lots of talent here for sure. Be safe bro!
Old 17th October 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks @[email protected] and I'm a "sis" who wants to make contemporary Hip Hop minus the expected subject matter. Main dilemma is how to best find/reach out to producers (they don't have to be of the Grammy, etc. caliber but not $20 lease types either) to collab with.
Old 17th October 2018
Gear Head

@boombapdame Do you have any of your stuff streamed online so that i can hear what direction you are going with your music? Are you wanting help with structure, or the mix, or overall production? Ha ha! My apologies. I say “bro” just like I say “man” or “dude”. Sorry Sis!
Old 18th October 2018
Old 18th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
@boombapdame Do you have any of your stuff streamed online so that i can hear what direction you are going with your music? Are you wanting help with structure, or the mix, or overall production? Ha ha! My apologies. I say “bro” just like I say “man” or “dude”. Sorry Sis!
I'll take a listen also;

[email protected] Com
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search