The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Erik from Behringer Keyboard Workstations
Old 25th April 2018
Here for the gear

Erik from Behringer

Hi guys.

I am Erik, working as a Product Manager for Behringer, mostly in the realm of Synthesizers.
Looking forward to some good chats and may finding some cool people to work with.

Have fun.

Erik
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

Make 5U series modular units.
Thank you.

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Also, CV gate and clock will be needed.

thank you!!!
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear
Here is my 2 cent's for synth design.

better Key depth. I'm not talking about the size of the keys, I'm talking about the volume range. Every trigger and Synth I have used does not pick up the change from hitting hard to hitting it real hard. Volume 127 in every trigger or Synth I have used is about 1/3rd of my real piano or drum volume range.

Make keys that can be hit harder!

To put this in perspective, I learned on a KAWI Piano that had action harder than a Steinway. I use drum sticks that are longerand heavier than a 5B, I use 747B sticks to gain a larger dynamic range on real drums.

My goal here is not total volume, it's dynamic range. Make a keyboard that can capture a huge dynamic range and it will sell!

The sounds can come out of the computer. Capturing the performance is the problem with almost all MIDI input.

My current synths are: Kronos 88, SY99. They best keyboards in weighted and half weighted I could find.

Makes some keys that register a volume at least twice that of any existing Synth. Then allow easy controls over the volume curves just like setting up Roland triggers for drums but with more curves and options. Then you can capture something to work with.
Old 26th April 2018
Lives for gear

Make everything 19' rack mountable. Thank you.
Old 26th April 2018
Greetings Erik_Behringer

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 6th May 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Erik, I'm very impressed with the look of the new synth clones and even more so with the low price policy. Thank you for helping to make music an art and not just a privilege! FYI I already own the Model D and started by making something simple with it. Here's the track. It's called Model!

Dreamer aka Sweet: Model - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search