The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
soundcraft 1600 and mx 70/16 Consoles
Old 22nd February 2018
Here for the gear

soundcraft 1600 and mx 70/16

Hey guys an girls, my names silva from New Zealand way down south, just thought id introduce myself, just bought a what the title says + a bunch of old tape and some not so old tape + sh*t load cabling etc, 1600 producer i think ,has the patch bay etc. got it home a week ago ,plugged it in, pluged in head ph and had a bit of hiss/ hum in right ear, left it pluged in for a week, opened it up tonight and put the vacum about and unpluged all the ribbon cables, gave a vacum over em, pluged em back in and hisss/ hum gone. stoked. + got the otari mx 70 with a cb 118 and a cb119. havnt had a good look over that yet but guy bought it off said it has had new heads
,(and few other bits replaced not to far back as these old things go)
came from radio nz origanally so been serviced pretty good. Going through cables etc there is a few bits missing so i can see some soldering in my near future. hence why i joined you fellas, no doubt be a few dumb questions coming your way, cheers for the anticipated help in advance.
get some pics of it all over weekend. cheers
Old 23rd February 2018
Here for the gear

can you upload pics here or do that from some other site? photo bucket or wat ever bit o research? sorry new here , finding me way round
Old 5th March 2018
Engagement Manager

@silva1
Good to have you with us!
You can indeed upload images to the site
Old 11th March 2018
Here for the gear

cheers sniper , thinkin put pics in an album??, got desk into room and hooked up speakers, played some tunes through a pioneer cdj, sounds awesome, cant wait to get into some recording, bit more research an have to build speaker stands and bunch other stuff, getting there
Old 11th March 2018
Here for the gear

found the pic button, watch this space, where would be the best place to ask question bout connections? connect to multi track via patch bay or thru big din plugs on bottom of desk? and others
Old 13th March 2018
Greetings silva1,

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 14th March 2018
Here for the gear

cheers
Old 14th March 2018
Here for the gear

couple pics so far
Attached Thumbnails
soundcraft 1600 and mx 70/16-dscf3252.jpg   soundcraft 1600 and mx 70/16-dscf3253.jpg  
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search