The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New member from Knoxville saying Hi. Desktop Synthesizers
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

New member from Knoxville saying Hi.

Just joined after lurking now and again over the years.

I've been playing guitar for over 30 years now. Spent a lot of time in bands learning how to fix rented equipment. That lead to a job as a sound engineer for a theme park (where I met my wife) doing mixing and system design and installation. Life changes, I haven't played on stage in 12 years, and I realize that I need to make something that will last longer than jamming along with a YouTube vid.

This weekend I sold a spare bass, bought a synth (Roland DS-61) and an interface (Roland Duo Capture EX). At least for now, my DAW will be my iPad's copy of GarageBand, but I do have access to a semi-recent MacBook Pro if that ends up helping.

I can see a slippery slope here, but over the past 30 years I have accumulated a small pile of guitar gear that works for what I do (blues/rock hack with jazz tendencies who alternates worshipping Kid Ramos, SRV, John Scofield, and Kenny Burrell). I realized that recording will probably make me a better player, as the few times I have recorded in the past I had a really bad case of "red light syndrome".
Old 20th March 2017
Engagement Manager

@59Bassman
Welcome to Gearslutz
I like your thinking regarding red light fever
Hopefully getting used to the process will make it all the more fun and help you capture better takes the the time comes
Old 21st March 2017
Greetings 59Bassman,

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Enjoy the forums & keep on rockin'!
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search