The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Greetings Programs !
Old 10th September 2015
Here for the gear

Greetings Programs !

im 30, currently in virginia beach, VA. You can call me Jados, and i've managed to get a PSR 175 keyboard, an electribe ea-1, a guitar amp, and 2 danelectro pedals, distort and chorus. My latest acquisition is a yellow kaossilator.

as you can guess, i'm a total (and cheap) gear slut so far.

i've loved electronic music in nearly all its forms from a fairly early age, and im currently attending college to try to learn how to write music.
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADOS View Post

im 30, currently in virginia beach, VA. You can call me Jados, and i've managed to get a PSR 175 keyboard, an electribe ea-1, a guitar amp, and 2 danelectro pedals, distort and chorus. My latest acquisition is a yellow kaossilator.

as you can guess, i'm a total (and cheap) gear slut so far.

i've loved electronic music in nearly all its forms from a fairly early age, and im currently attending college to try to learn how to write music.

Welcome to GS; enjoy the journey!!
Old 10th September 2015
Engagement Manager

@ JADOS
Love hearing about people following their dreams!
Old 30th November 2016
Here for the gear

Now in Kansas city since about late july, bought a real fixer upper of a house (very nearly little more than walls and a roof), and im just now starting to get my finances back under control.

I messed around with what i have of my synth rig so far, and discovered that i have not enough power supply wall worts and 1/4th inch jack cables, adapters, and signal splitters, among other things. i shall be bulk/binge buying those for abit, before resuming with more actual gear items, like the monotrons, and more guitar pedals.
Old 30th November 2016
Engagement Manager

Thanks for the update and good luck with the house!
Old 30th November 2016
Greetings JADOS,

Glad to hear you're getting into electronic music. It's a fascinating journey!

Welcome to Gearslutz!
Old 30th November 2016
Hello JADOS,

Welcome to GearSlutz!

Hey - there's nothing at all wrong with using cheap or old equipment. I have a Wurlitzer WX40 analogue synth that has such a high noise floor I have to put bricks on top of the compressor/gate to keep the racket down, but I use it anyhow.

Cheap gear makes you work harder, and hard work cannot be over-emphasised.
Old 4th August 2019
Here for the gear

im still alive, but, i have since shifted away from music, to try to build or get 'capability items', infrastructure type stuff which maybe helps me generate money, so that i can buy stuff higher up on the price ladder.

More recently, i had been sewing on clothes and fabrics to try to make post apocalypse clothes to sell, but then the sewing machine kakked it, and i have not been able to fix it. More recently than that, i bought a rock tumbler, to try to recycle scavenged glass into (broken and then tumbled) sea-glass, and sell that for a dime or two. (not literally a dime, but i suspect that it will go just as fast.)

The rock tumbler has yet to arrive, though is purchased, so, we will see if it helps or hinders.

My music aspirations, so far, may eventually lead to becoming/ being a street musician, and collecting physical / low-tech instruments. My intentions on that, when ready and able to, is to get a violin, and/or banjo (modified to sound like a sitar) and a suitable outfit, and stand on a street corner playing music for coinage, looking like a space-man.
Old 4th August 2019
Glad to hear it!

Welcome to Gearslutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search