The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Complete studio build out for sale New York Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 4th June 2010
Lives for gear

New price $20K for the buildout and new lease.

New price $20K.
Actually a unbelievable deal for someone.
Rent is 3K a month for everything.

Only have about 60 days left before it all gets taken apart before I split.
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear
Hey, I'm not sure exactly what it is you are offering, your gear, clientel, or lodging, but I can definitely afford it if it means a place to set up with some interested clients and/or a pile of gear to pick through Could I come take a look? Got any pictures? I have a lot of my own stuff already, and I just bought a house... it would be totally bitchin' to seperate my housing investment from my studio for under $30k, and still have another place to stay on top of it. Also, I love Milbrook! I have friends there, and my whole life I've always wanted to have a stake there. Some of the most beautiful countryside in NY, with some of the most classic houses in the whole USA. Should I visit your website and contact you that way? Thanks.
Old 5th June 2010
Gear Head

paul,
this is jim cobb, i'm a friend of frank di minno's, i played guitar on that jake holmes dazed and confused session up there. sad to see you're leaving that space. i've always been impressed with the work you've done out of there and your collection of gear.

someone should really jump on this. i've worked in this space and it's an unbelievable gem. this is a steal.
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykostx View Post

...Also, I love Milbrook!... Some of the most beautiful countryside in NY...
Indeed! I used to ride my motorcycle up there all the time from Queens just for the scenery and nice roads. Having a studio up there is something out of my dreams, but sadly I just can't swing it now. That must be such a sweet set up.

Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear
Oh yes, BTW I love NY winters just as much as I hate them
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear
Anyways, knobtwiddler I will give you a call tomorrow if you are available. I would like to take a drive up there sometime this week, maybe monday. My car has a "donut" on it, so I should prob get new tires first... or should I grab a Neve 1073 module and live with the donut... lol Rupert Neve is freakin' satan I swear. Why do I lower the quality of my life to raise the quality of my gear? I'll never understand why I have all this gear instead of a 'vette, a mansion, and a bimbo with fake boobs that I paid for. But noooooo, I have to be obcessed with things like Neve and Bryston and ProAc, Benchmark and Prism and Chandler, Daking, not to mention all the instruments and amplifiers.... ok, ok, def better than a 'vette and fake boobed bimbos...guess that's what rent-a-car and Atlantic City are for anyways........
I want to buy ur studio man.
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666666 View Post
Indeed! I used to ride my motorcycle up there all the time from Queens just for the scenery and nice roads. Having a studio up there is something out of my dreams, but sadly I just can't swing it now. That must be such a sweet set up.

hey man, whereaboots in queens? Lots of musician buddies down by the merrick/rockaway area. i'm really feelin the beach by Riis Park across the bay!
Old 12th June 2010
Lives for gear

Hey guys, Sorry I haven't checked back here in a while been busy.
All of a sudden lot's of sessions.
Who knew?
haha

Either email me at [email protected]
or give a call 845-677-3733
I'll be pretty busy till next week.

If the post isn't clear, what is up for sale...is the complete build out of my studio space. That means all the wiring, room treatments, and some furniture etc...
Basically you would have two fully wired studios. A mastering suite, and a house that is also attached to the building.

This is really a turnkey operation and has been for 25 years.
The new owner will have a new lease, and the rent is $3000. per month.
For that you get....
Basically everything that is attached, built in to the building, with some key furnishings also staying with the sale.
At this point there is NO equipment included with the posted price.
Although I'm very open to offering some of the larger pieces that I do not want to move.
All this can be negotiated if need be?
Old 18th June 2010
Gear Nut

Good luck bump for your move and rental

I've followed your posts on GS and really respect the work you've done (Ahmad Jamal, etc...)

I hope someone can keep you space going. From all reports Millbrook is really a great place to be. and not too far or difficult to get to from NYC.

Best wishes to you. How far south are you going?

Bill.
Old 19th June 2010
Lives for gear

Studio, studio, studio, studio...........

Thanks Bill~!

Yep, It's very comfortable up here, and a wonderful place to live & work.

Other then my disdain of the cold & winter in general,
I'd never even consider moving, let alone selling the joint.
Old 20th June 2010
Lives for gear

i wish i had the dough...
i would do almost anything to get a nice little place up in the hudson valley...
my mom and my sister are in poughkeepsie....
i could go climb at the gunks...
i could probably never even afford the monthlies....
Old 3rd July 2010
Lives for gear

A beautiful Saturday bumpppppppp....
Old 29th July 2010
Lives for gear

Studio still for sale....bump!
Old 7th August 2010
Lives for gear

Complete, turnkey operation...
Just a equipment, and go!
Old 9th August 2010
Here for the gear

couple o' questions

Hey,
from what you say I understand you don't live on the premises? would that be a realistic option for a family? noise wise? other concerns?
Old 10th August 2010
Lives for gear

Stu Stu, Studioooooooo

The attached house is basically 1500 sq feet.

Has it's own separate entrance, as well as sliding glass doors that open up directly into the studios lounge, or Bar area.

It has three bedrooms, each right now with two beds.
One bathroom, with full shower,
A large living room, (that has a room cut into it) now used as my mastering room.
The large open room also houses the kitchen and dining area.

So a small 3 or 4 person family could easily live here!
There's only noise into the house if the "A" Studio is being used, not the control room, or any other room.
Because of shared heating vents with the house and the "A" room.
This obviously could be changed if needed.
Was never a problem, cause the only people in the house were usually the band that was recording!

But other then that, hey you're in the country!
Old 10th August 2010
Here for the gear

tha tha thanx for the info

It would obviously be a big decision for us, what is your deadline for this move?
Old 14th August 2010
Lives for gear

60 days.........tick, toc, tick.....
Old 14th August 2010
Here for the gear

sadly I'll have to pass

good luck man, both in selling and with the move
Old 23rd August 2010
Gear Addict

Bump for an incredible studio located in a beautiful part of NY State. Thanks for the chocolate stout Paul!
-Dave
Old 29th August 2010
Lives for gear

A beautiful Sunday morning in Millbrook.......
Old 7th October 2010
Lives for gear

Last chance, only a few weeks left...................

OK, gang...
So Here's the deal, got till the end of the month, then the whole damn place gets dismantled and sold piece by piece.
Windows, doors, wood, wiring, lighting, furniture, etc, etc...
So if anyone is interested in what is basically a turn key situation, just add your gear.....(or buy some of mine?)
Lemme know.

That being said, I'm now accepting any reasonable offers ($$) on what's here (the buildout +) and having a new lease drawn up for whomever.
3K a month is the rent for the entire facility, including housing.
Quite a good deal for this area.
As you can guess, last thing I wanna do is take this place apart, piece by piece, but if need be, that's what I'll do.

Cause in a few weeks, the house that Paul built will be gone!
Old 7th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobtwiddler View Post
OK, gang...
So Here's the deal, got till the end of the month, then the whole damn place gets dismantled and sold piece by piece.
Windows, doors, wood, wiring, lighting, furniture, etc, etc...
So if anyone is interested in what is basically a turn key situation, just add your gear.....(or buy some of mine?)
Lemme know.

That being said, I'm now accepting any reasonable offers ($$) on what's here (the buildout +) and having a new lease drawn up for whomever.
3K a month is the rent for the entire facility, including housing.
Quite a good deal for this area.
As you can guess, last thing I wanna do is take this place apart, piece by piece, but if need be, that's what I'll do.

Cause in a few weeks, the house that Paul built will be gone!
God damn, that looks like a dream land compared to Bushwick. If it were 60 miles closer to the city, I would be all over it. Someones gotta take you up on this.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search