The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Black 76 Limiting Amplifier is modeled after what is probably the most used, most known and most universally recognized compressor/limiter in the audio industry. There are probably no professionally recorded tracks where this unit wasn't used. It's a true legend and a piece of music production history. The engineers that made this FET based compressor reached a level of cleverness and magic that only true visionary geniuses can achieve. While there are many revisions of this hardware, we modeled the LN version, revision E, because it's the one that has the most sonically recognized and sought after character thanks to its input transformer and class A output stage.

Discussions

IK Multimedia presents: Black 76 and White 2A

I like Black 76 even more than 2A after first round

View Post

T-Racks 3 Group Buy anyone?

If IK secretly started a new company with a different name and released the same plugs with different GUI's and some slick marketing hype, the plugs would fly off the shelf. IK isn't the hip new thing and a lot of people don't take the dino seriously. I'm happy with my IK stuff and looking...

View Post

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5

...piano, guitar, and lead vocals. All together I've got 16 tracks with various "tracking" plugins like the TR5 EQ-81, Black 76, and White 2A running into 12 buses plus to 2-bus. I put an instance of the Tape Machine 440 on the drums, bass, vocals, keys, guitar, and "back" buses and let...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides