The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Our studios were completely destroyed by Sandy
Old 5th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
I have a lot of raw cabling and stuff in storage I can give you, Including ReAn patch bays from my old place... even some gear.. if it will help.. call me.

cheers
geo
This makes me happy to see.
Old 5th November 2012
Lives for gear

I'd like to help a brother out. Give me a Paypal name?
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Head

Hi all. We do have a donate PayPal link on my first post. We are going to rebuild and would love any materials that would help like 703 cabling etc but our issue for that is storage. We haven't even gotten our console frames out yet. We currently have most of our gear and things between two storage spaces and a couple other studios. Hope to have that worked out soon.
Old 5th November 2012
So sad to hear this. Hope everything turns out good for you guys!
Old 5th November 2012
Sorry to hear that fellas,i hope you can get your studio back up and running full strength a.s.a.p. If there is anyway to donate to you let me know.
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Head

We set up a paypal page for donations to the two recording studios (Translator Audio and The Civil Defense) and for The South Sound here: Un-Flood BK Music.
Old 6th November 2012
Gear Addict

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakumei47 View Post
We set up a paypal page for donations to the two recording studios (Translator Audio and The Civil Defense) and for The South Sound here: Un-Flood BK Music.
Old 6th November 2012
Here for the gear

Damn :(
Old 6th November 2012
Lives for gear

Un-Flood BK Music

Please donate to translator audio and associated businesses. Andrew Schneider is a standup guy who taught me alot of production and made sure i got asst credits even as an intern. he actually tracked me down to make sure my credits were spelled properly years after sessions i interned on! He has been pulling 10+ hour days 6 days a week for whatever local and national hardcore and metal bands could afford just to lift up the music community and did not deserve this horrible misfortune.
Old 6th November 2012
Gear Head

Wow. So sad to see such a beautiful space destroyed. Keep your head up! Good luck to you in the future.
Old 6th November 2012
Lives for gear

So awful, and heartbreaking to see and read.

My heart really does go out to you. Good luck with the rebuild, and the insurance company.

Oz
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Donation sent. Hugs!
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our building insurance does not cover hurricane flooding (as with most).
This is the kicker here, I'm in the same boat. The areas that insurance companies decided to label *hurricane risks* weren't covered by hurricane flooding.
Old 7th November 2012
Gear Addict

I have plenty of mogami and ready made d25 to xlrs,trs.
A screw it,if you can come pick up my D&R console its yours!!!
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

Man, that is sad. All the work that no doubt went into everything. Good luck with fixing things, a lot hopefully is salvageable once you get all the electronics cleaned and dried out Your next studio will be even better than the last.
Old 9th November 2012
One with big hooves

Wow.

The pictures of what it WAS and what it is now are simply gut wrenching.

Unfortunately I don't have much of any "useful" gear in the spares department but if northern NJ, Morristown - Boonton area are close enough I may be able to help with session space and/or some putting some of the water logged gear on my tech bench.
Old 9th November 2012
Led
Lives for gear

Wow, really sorry for your misfortune. My place was destroyed by a massive hail storm that flooded the studio about 3 years ago. It was like a death in the family. Rebuilt now, but a horrible horrible time. All the best with the road to recovery.
Cheers.
Old 9th November 2012
Gear Addict

So sad to see the pictures... Wish you an even better workplace!
Old 9th November 2012
teo
Lives for gear

(small) donation sent.

Hope you guys are going to make that place as nice as it seemed in the pitcures.
Actually...screw that...make it even better!
Old 9th November 2012
Here for the gear

Devastating . Hope all the best for the future.
Old 10th November 2012
Deleted 651cf92
Will donate.

Just saw a Facebook message from unsane asking for techs to help, but I'm stuck in London.

Really feel for you, is your Harrison ok, or did that get totalled too.

For what it's worth your records a the standard I aim for.
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

First, sorry for everyone's losses.

With much smaller experience than yours, I was lucky to keep all backup drives and many smaller components in a bunch of Pelican cases from my old flypack rig. I had roof problems and my studio room ceiling went during a bad storm by way of a falling tree. The gear in those cases showed no problem whatsoever while other items in the room were destroyed. Just an idea that may help somebody not lose as much if an unfortunate event comes your way.

I hope you are all up and running as soon as possible.
Old 11th November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurelletson View Post
Will donate.

Just saw a Facebook message from unsane asking for techs to help, but I'm stuck in London.

Really feel for you, is your Harrison ok, or did that get totalled too.

For what it's worth your records a the standard I aim for.
Andrew's Harrison and my MCI 528c were both completely submerged, along with all of our tape machines and outboard. We're trying to see what we can do and are keeping our fingers crossed for the consoles, but super worried about patchbays, transformers, and the eight million switches in these.

Even though the consoles don't have as good a chance as some of the other gear, to me it's the most heartbreaking part. The amount of work it takes to recap, maintain, and restore a 30+ year-old console makes it so personal and heartbreaking to lose...
Old 11th November 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Jeremy ...

I decided to donate AKG 451E pair of bodies and CK1 capsule that I have at our friend Joel in Brooklyn !!! ( Donation to Civil Defense Studio)

I know you will need mics !!

Please pick em up .. I will let know Joel to give em to you instead of sending em back to me !!!

Hope that helps a bit!

Damir

-------------------------

also let me know if you need any help with MCI or some parts ..
Old 11th November 2012
Gear Nut

Hey guys, so sorry for your loss - my old studio was in rockaway beach and that space is destroyed as well.

I don't have much gear to give, but I have a nice wood rack tower and some small xlr and 1/4" snakes I'd be glad to donate.

And if you guys need a small space to touch up mixes, please let me know. I have a small project space in my house in Cedarhurst, NY
Old 12th November 2012
Deleted 651cf92
Quote:
Andrew's Harrison and my MCI 528c were both completely submerged, along with all of our tape machines and outboard. We're trying to see what we can do and are keeping our fingers crossed for the consoles, but super worried about patchbays, transformers, and the eight million switches in these.

Even though the consoles don't have as good a chance as some of the other gear, to me it's the most heartbreaking part. The amount of work it takes to recap, maintain, and restore a 30+ year-old console makes it so personal and heartbreaking to lose...
Tell me about it, I spend most of my time looking after our Amek 2500, there is always something that needs looking at, it's like my baby!

How is all your woodwork? You guys totally did that place up didn't you? Have you got to redo all the floating floors and paneling? I guess all the wiring is shot.

I sent a message to a couple of online mags here in the uk saying what had happened and asking if they can put a link to your donations page. Hope you don't mind.
Old 12th November 2012
Deleted 651cf92
I think I read somewhere you can clean electronic products with distilled water and ultrasound. Somebody might have to confirm that, but it might help you.
Old 12th November 2012
mfischman3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthere View Post
This is the kicker here, I'm in the same boat. The areas that insurance companies decided to label *hurricane risks* weren't covered by hurricane flooding.
I'm sure you saw by now, but good ole Sen. Charles Schumer is on top of the insurance companies that are trying to label this as a Hurricane in NY and take advantage of many of us. Sincere best of luck guys!
Old 12th November 2012
jhg
Lives for gear

cabling

I have some 20 foot 56 pin elco - variety of ends snakes(6 or 7) from my old room in Staten Island, they're yours if you could use them.
Old 13th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockKato View Post
I am with you, I lost about $300,000 so far in this one in my new studio I moved into in Hoboken. Opened up on June 18th and went "all-in" Insurance has denied my claim 100%. I'm in the same boat, pun intended. Not sure what I'm gonna do at this point but the dip and clean thing has really gotten to be "groundhog day"
I have an old client who is a lawyer and at one point specialized in suing insurance companies. PM me if you want his info.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search