The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Jersey
Old 3rd November 2012
Gear Addict

New Jersey

We got HAMMERED!!! My personal studio is on the third floor a block and a half from the Atlantic in Asbury Park but all looked good when I checked afterward. My day job studio at Brookdale Community College in Lincroft was closed all week and may reopen Monday. All of the College facilities also checked out fine. I evacuated to my girlfriend's house where a huge sugar maple went down just missing her house, and another large tree took out four power poles on the street when it fell, no power for five days but fortunate to have a generator. There is a crew from North Carolina working on repairing that right now.

Very very lucky considering what I've seen.
Old 4th November 2012
Old 6th November 2012
Gear Addict

Here in central Jersey a lot of trees and power lines were knocked down. Was without power for four days. I lost a week of work including a gig opening for Three Dog Night in Connecticut and an annual NYC Marathon gig on 1st Ave.
The Jersey Shore clubs in Mantoloking and Seaside Heights where I play in the summer were hit hard.
My losses were relatively minor compared with a lot of people here.
Old 7th November 2012
Lives for gear

I was away on tour in Australia but house/studio is in Long Branch, which is not too far from Asbury Park. The House got about 4 feet of water-indoors. It's a frame house so everything has to be replaced, drywalls, floors, etc. The dogs survived by somehow getting on the kid's bunk bed.

Studio, furniture, TV's, electronics, and all equipment is dead.

Luckily the GF was over her mom's apartment with the kids. Insurance didn't cover flooding because we're below sea level and close to the coast. The running joke on the block for years has been if there was a flood we were all F*cked.

Still no power but I'm not sure if the grid is still down or because everything got wet. Still about an inch of mud on all the floors. I'm in Chicago right now safe and sound, arranging to get the family here.
Old 8th November 2012
Gear Nut

Hey Mastermix, do you know Lakehouse Music in Asbury? Jon (the Owner) is a good friend of mine. Glad to hear your studio is intact! I'm up in Sussex County and we got nailed with wind. Just got power back before the snow started.
Old 13th November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludvista29 View Post
Hey Mastermix, do you know Lakehouse Music in Asbury? Jon (the Owner) is a good friend of mine. Glad to hear your studio is intact! I'm up in Sussex County and we got nailed with wind. Just got power back before the snow started.
Hey there,

I've seen Jon around here and there, talented cat. Was on a engineer/producer panel with him last year at Brookdale's Guitar Show.

Asbury actually fared pretty well, I think one big reason is that the city has some elevation compared to towns North and South of us.

One of my favorite places in town got hit hard, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been...
Old 13th November 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermix View Post
Hey there,

I've seen Jon around here and there, talented cat. Was on a engineer/producer panel with him last year at Brookdale's Guitar Show.

Asbury actually fared pretty well, I think one big reason is that the city has some elevation compared to towns North and South of us.

One of my favorite places in town got hit hard, but nowhere near as bad as it could have been...
Cool cool! Jon is the man. Hes producing my band's album this winter. Glad to hear the town itself is okay. I know the boardwalk got pretty messed up. That pinball place is right on the boardwalk if I could remember. Its really weird seeing pictures of the beach area. It felt like yesterday my band and I were playing bamboozle there and now a lot of that area is pretty destroyed. I have had some of my most fond musical memories there. Hope to see Asbury and the rest of the shore have a successful rebuild.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthere View Post
(snip) Insurance didn't cover flooding because we're below sea level and close to the coast.(snip
)

Lame.

Sounds like a pre-existing condition, to me.
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Addict

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook... Union Beach was one of the hard-hit areas during Sandy.

Prosoundnetwork Blogs - New Jersey Studio Destroyed By Sandy

Damn.
Old 4th December 2012
Uggh...
Old 4th December 2012
Gear Nut

holy hell....
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search