The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flooding
Old 31st October 2012
Lives for gear
Flooding

| Mantra Recording Studio (a small studio out of house) that I own was devastated by the flooding...we where able to move our gear but the water level came to 3 inches of the Steinway 1927 b soundboard that is owned by us. The piano is saved but I will have to have a check by a professional as the water did not recede down till a hour afterwards. We do not have insurance on this piano and its doubtful home owners will cover this or FEMA

Im considering taking donations to fix any issues in the piano, but i want to get a estimate before any of this happens.

if you want to help, shoot me a email or post on the tread and ill reply when i get a clearer picture. [email protected]

On top of this my mothers house was flooded with again 3 or 4 feet of water. Long Island is totally Devastated.

Be Safe
Chris
Old 31st October 2012
Lives for gear

The same thing happened to me during the El Niño of 97'.

How about insurance? That's what it's for.

Donations?
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Guru

No ****e, you home insurance will pay for anything in the home.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Nut

Ouch...

Best of luck for your Ma and your keys.

Old 3rd November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
No ****e, you home insurance will pay for anything in the home.
Not necessarily, if the items damaged are part of a business and not solely for personal use. Check the small print to be sure. Hopefully in his case it'll be covered
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search