The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hurricane Sandy & Boston, MA
Old 31st October 2012
Gear Maniac

Hurricane Sandy & Boston, MA

Hey everyone,

MA got hit pretty good with well over 250,000 people without power...I hope everyone out there is safe and doing well -

Also, please help out with displaced pets any way you can - it makes all the difference to many families...

Hope my fellow Beantowners are doing OK out there.
Old 31st October 2012
I am located near Marina Bay, Quincy, MA which is just outside the city,

There was all sorts of chaos going on, but amazingly I never lost power.

Flickered in and out a bit but never gave out! I know other areas had all kinds of power lines down from trees and telephone poles dropping like twigs and toothpicks.

Thankfully no damage to my stuff, but other's haven't been so lucky.

My studio is located in a commercial building, so it was well protected and had no issues. The wind was making all sorts of music against my windows, but didn't tear our place apart much.

Stay Strong Chowdah heads!
Old 31st October 2012
Gear Maniac

Yea, it was crazy! Major tree uprootings and chaos in the Newton area...
Old 31st October 2012
Lives for gear

My uncle just flew down here to Jackson, MS, today, from Boston. The airport must be running, now.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Nut

no power since Monday at my house in Waltham. I now have gearlust for gas generators.

I will say though, Halloween is much more spooky and awesome in my neighborhood without streetlights!
Old 2nd November 2012
Gear Addict

I live about 30 miles west of Boston. We lost power for about 24 hours - got off pretty easy I'd say. My mom lives in on Cape Cod - which got hit pretty hard, but she is fine. Lots of trees down and her fence was destroyed, but everyone is safe which is all that matters.

This really has me rethinking the insurance that I have on my gear. Does homeowners insurance cover those kinds of losses? I never have really looked into it.
Old 2nd November 2012
Gear Maniac

I have homeowner's insurance and I do believe they said my gear would be covered (all items up to the set amount $$).

I have Liberty Mutual.

You may pay slightly more, but imo it's worth it.
Old 3rd November 2012
Gear Head

I hope everybody in east coast doing fine.I was in cape cod for like 5 yrs or so and i just moved to CA in 2009 but i was dealing with some kind of bad storm and big pile of snow so i know exactly how its feel, God bless you all...
Old 4th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin View Post
Does homeowners insurance cover those kinds of losses? I never have really looked into it.
Here in the UK insurers would trip you up and would try not to pay out if you said you used your (home situated) equipment for business purposes.
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Here in the UK insurers would trip you up and would try not to pay out if you said you used your (home situated) equipment for business purposes.
Good to know. Thanks!

I guess there is a Nor'easter heading up this way.
Old 5th November 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Same here in the USA... You need separate insurance for your gear if you derive any income from it's use (even if it's in your home).
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Addict

Ok so what if you're not making any income on gear you have at home?

Sent from my ADR6400L
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search