4 Votes - 57.14%
I don't
3 Votes - 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Who doesn't care about Christmas

Do you care?
If you don't how are you planning to not-celebrate?
Old 4 weeks ago
I believe the holiday is mostly for children and the joy of getting and giving some gifts.

Also a time of thanks giving and spending time with the family, watchin' movies and stuff like that.

Santa hat is up on GS too!

Oh yeah the snowflakes are coming at some point too!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I believe the holiday is mostly for children and the joy of getting and giving some gifts.

Also a time of thanks giving and spending time with the family, watchin' movies and stuff like that.

Santa hat is up on GS too!

Oh yeah the snowflakes are coming at some point too!
This^ says it all! love all that you mentioned!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don't doesn't care about Christmas!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I did not grow up with religion but my mother threw the best Christmas Eve parties and we always had beautiful trees. After I left home, I tried to keep the tradition going with my sweeties. So the event actually ended up being more of a special date night - even though the parties always involved friends and family.

I am single now and have been for some years so Christmas has not been celebrated.

Add to that the fact that we get bombarded with commercials and Christmas music rewritten with ad jargon and I've completely lost my interest in the holiday. From Halloween on until about the end of January I try to keep the commercial aspect of Christmas as far away as I can.

I am not a Grinch but the holiday season does little for me anymore and I'm always glad when it is over with.
Old 3 weeks ago
Basically it's great if you're a kid, adult not so much, it's a bit depressing when I think back to times past and how my family would all meet up and now it just doesn't happen anymore lots of reasons but the main one is everyone gets too old or they'd rather be engrossed in a smart phone screen, the world has changed a LOT in 20 years.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search