The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's Been Your Creepiest Experience?
Old 31st October 2019
What's Been Your Creepiest Experience?

As the title says, what's the creepiest thing you've ever personally experienced? It's Halloween, and I want to know what's spooked you.
Old 1st November 2019
Back in the 70's my father bought an old house. It had ghosts. I spent the nite as I was visiting. I slept in the living room and I heard very light footsteps walk down the stairway. I felt a presence that walked by in front of my bed toward the kitchen. It scared the crap out of me. When my uncle visited, he heard breathing sounds outside the kitchen. There were many other manifestations during the following year. My father decided to sell the house and hired me to steam clean the carpets.

As I was working I felt sudden blow of extremely frigid cold air behind my neck. I dropped everything and ran outside. I literally hauled ass running! I stayed outside and would not go back in until my father came back from work. I believe in ghosts now.
Old 1st November 2019
The one that still freaks me out is that I had this really awesome cat for the better part of a decade. She somehow always knew when I was going through a bad time and was there to snuggle, let me hold her, and get little "kisses" from her. She had a very distinctive and demanding meow that I loved. So a couple years ago, she passes away. It really messed me up that she died. I take her out to the country and have a little burial and funeral for her. That night, while I was trying to sleep, I kept feeling a cat nuzzling me. Creepy, but explainable because I had other cats, even though they weren't as social as her. What got me was when I started hearing her demanding meows. My other cats don't sound anything like her, nor had any other cat I've heard. I could hear her meowing in the house even though she was buried twenty-five miles away. My wife heard it too, but I convinced her that it was one of the other cats meowing.

I'm a bit of a skeptic and big into scientific explanations for everything, and this incident has honestly caused cognitive dissonance for me. If my wife hadn't heard it too, I could chalk it up to imagination, but that we both heard the meows of my dead cat says something about death and the afterlife that I'm not prepared to process.
Old 1st November 2019
Lives for gear

My late fathers place was very remote.
And he always had weird and disturbing storys to tell, like that of the "neighbours" (several km away)
who where found murdered in their beds, while their empty car was found smashed in a ravine.
I slept ouside in a shed without a door.
Since it was so remote it was pitch black night.

Suddenly I awoke, because someone was roaming through the shelves, searching for something, stuff falling down.
In total darkness. Dazed I thought it was my father at first but what is he doing and why didnt he bring a light?
This wasnt my father.
Just when I wanted get up to start to scream someone/something hit me heavily on the chest back into the bed.
A moment of total nightmare.
Until I realized it was one of the cats-

Later that morning I woke from faint voices singing in the night. In the middle of nowhere..
Later I learned there was a chapel about 1/2 - 1 km away, and people had a procession and some kind of service (it was Christmas or something),
and you could hear it that far, something I wasnt used to coming from the city.
Old 1st November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
Suddenly I awoke, because someone was roaming through the shelves, searching for something, stuff falling down.
In total darkness. Dazed I thought it was my father at first but what is he doing and why didnt he bring a light?
This wasnt my father.
Just when I wanted get up to start to scream someone/something hit me heavily on the chest back into the bed.
A moment of total nightmare.
Until I realized it was one of the cats-
That sounds like the kind of thing I would do. Truth is, I'm a total fraidy cat.

I took my wife out ghost hunting to some old haunted bridge outside of town. The whole drive there, I was talking smack. We get there, it's pitch black, I turn the flashlight on on my phone, and I take two steps across the bridge. I saw something moving in the distance (probably a tree), and then I hauled ass back to the car and then into town.

One hell of a coincidence from that story though is that we went back the next day during daylight hours, and it turns out that there was this gaping hole in the bridge about two feet away from where we turned around. I'm not going to call supernatural on this one at all, but I am glad that something scared me enough to make me turn around, or I'd probably be paralyzed or something from falling to the ground.
Old 2nd November 2019
Gear Head

It wasn't creepy in the horror sense, but....

Back in the 70s I was living in FL. I left my apt. one afternoon to walk a couple of blocks to a convenience store. It was a clear, sunny day, not a cloud in the sky. It was about 2 in the afternoon. As I stood waiting to cross the one major street I needed to cross, I happened to look up to my left and in the distance I clearly saw this large spherical object high in the sky. It was slowly moving up and down and had strange color to it, sort of a mix between really black and almost mirror like at the same time.
I stood watching it for about a minute, then lowered my gaze for a minute, wondering to myself what the hell it was. When I looked back up it was totally gone.....vanished....vamoose.....not there.....disappeared.....ran home to mommy....whatever =:-)
It was such a strange looking and moving thing, and then to just disappear....very strange. I still think about it from time to time wondering what the hell it could have been....

keith
Old 2nd November 2019
Lives for gear
I was on Warped tour in ...2007? Something like that, anyway, we were headed from...Virginia Beach? The place where they have "The Scope"...I think...whatever, we were heading to Atlanta...or away from Atlanta to Jacksonville?...... SCREW IT...Doesn't matter,

ANYWAY, we end up passing through...oh god..I'm going brain dead...That town in Georgia where...SAVANAH! Savanah Georgia!

Anyway, I knew all about the town (The true crime book, "Midnight in the Garden of good and evil")

So I was like "HERE! HERE! We've GOT to stay HERE!" The entire town is "Ghost tourism" everything is haunted..blah,blah,blah...but whatever, I just wanted to go to the famous graveyard (It was after they closed the gates, the police pulled up just as we were climbing over them, the cop was nice...I got the feeling that it's all he does all night, stop tourists from climbing the gates, so he just laughed and was like "Not tonight boys") and maybe stay in some "Haunted" Hotel...not that I was expecting anything, but it was fun.

So we check into this one place, do some stuff, blah blah, and finally around the end of the night, one of the other band members and I decide to go out and try and get some E.V.P's with our phones.

Most other people in the band and crew were like "Whatever...say hi to Santa" But we were in Rome, so ON TO THE PUBLIC BATHHOUSE!

We go up on a floor one of the staff said was "Haunted" started recording and asked, "...hello..is anyone there?" like a couple of a$$holes.

We listened back...nothing, the other guy got bored and went back to the room, I said "I'm going to stay and try for another minute" which I did, sounding now like a single solitary a$$hole.

After a minute I think "To hell with it" and head back to the main room where most of us were hanging out. Everyone is busy F'ing around, I sit down and play back my last recording, only half paying attention to the "Room noise of the hallway and my own "Helloo...Hellooooo"

...I start to say something to someone, pass me a beer or something...

"ghgn..ghf...GET OUT....GET OUT!"

I JUMP out of my chair...."DID YOU FCKING HEAR THAT!?!?"

Everyone is drunk...nobody cares or belives me...I'm like
"NO STFU AND LISTEN TO THIS!"

"ghgn..ghf...GET OUT....GET OUT!"

Clear as day...that's what was said....Not a single person in that room, many who didn't believe in this stuff at all, wasn't shocked and scared....I couldn't BELIVE it!

I kept it on my phone for a year, playing it for everyone, but due to some nonsense back then when my particular phone would save a recording for a year then dump it...it's GONE.

I've had a few other things, not many, but that was the most OVERT (And Gearslutz compatible)
Old 2nd November 2019
Here for the gear

It wasn't creepy or scary, but this may be the only time I interacted with a REAL ghost, and he or she totally saved my ass..

I was working nights on my own in this hotel, the building was 400 years old if I remember correctly, there had been a big fire in one of the rooms, the colleagues talked about there being ghosts, customers sometimes said the TV had turned on by itself, and I knew the latter was true, because it had happened to me, but I didn't think much of it. Instead I though "Well if ghosts do really exist here just treat everything with respect and I should be good".

Well, one night I came in to work and I hadn't slept in the previous 24 hours maybe, and luckily there wasn't much to do, so as soon as I finished my tasks I sat down on a sofa by the entrance, and inevitably passed out for like 20 minutes. I woke up to a voice saying "HEY, WAKE UP" in my ear, I stood up a bit startled, and saw there was no one in the entire place. But no later than 10 seconds later, I see a collegue from a nearby hotel cross the street and enter my hotel because he wanted to chat with me. If I had been caught passed out on the couch, I might have gotten in trouble and lost my job, but this ghost had warned me and possibly saved my job at the time.
Old 9th November 2019
I once had an action figure doll that become possessed, its eyes lit up red and it came out of the cupboard, this was only one night after seeing a UFO when I was about 8-9 years old, pretty much just like the film chucky, I swear to god that both the UFO and the doll were 100% real on my mothers and entire families life.
Old 11th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
According to research by Walter von Lucadou (physicist and psychologist) paranormal experiences typically happen to people who

tend to be dissociative
tend to externalize
have problems they are not conciously aware of
but experience phenomena that can be observed
and these people tend to be especially robust and sound in both psychological and physical terms

His research is funded by the government of Baden-Würtemberg, a German Federal State.
He believes that its a kind of entanglement of external and internal reality, and externalisation.

They run a helpdesk for people who experience that stuff, and research it.
They get about 3000 calls a year. About lucid dreaming etc.
Poltergeists. They investigate these things seriously.

I have somewhat similar believes to him and believe that when your live is in danger, you can enter and experience a path of "unlikely events".
A bit like Schrödingers Cat, you are half dead and half alive and the things you experience are half likely and have unlikely, so to say.

So in other branches of the Universe you may have fallen down that bridge...
There's a stretch of haunted road in the West Country...people claim to see the ghosts of Roman centurians, white ladies, or highwaymen in the mist, etc.

I've experienced loads of interesting phenomena but as a scientist I usually find explanations; rational scientific explanations. To me, the supernatural is just what we don't understand or don't have the language to explain or haven't figured out yet.

So my Halloween story is about a trip from the West Country to Wales in a camper van. I was going to visit a friend. One week prior I had a new wheel bearing fitted; the van was in good repair. Two nights prior to the trip I had a dream in which I was sitting in the van at the garage with my cat sitting on the seat next to me. The van kinda deflated and I argued with the mechanics.
The night before I left I dreamt that the friend I was to visit was holding a wheel (like a shaman's shield) and pointing to it.

I left the next morning but the cat sat under one wheel of the van and would not move. Most unusual behaviour. My girlfriend had to pick up the cat and hold it as I departed.

20 mins down the road, travelling around 60mph, along the haunted highway...the rear wheel sheared off.
Old 11th November 2019
Lives for gear

I was watching a space movie and heard Sandra Bullock's voice behind me.
Old 12th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay Smearing View Post
I was watching a space movie and heard Sandra Bullock's voice behind me.
I heard George Clooney was hanging out with her for a little while because... he was a GHOST!
Old 12th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I heard George Clooney was hanging out with her for a little while because... he was a GHOST!
A send-up movie/sketch with a pottery wheel scene almost writes itself.
Old 12th November 2019
I once watched dr giggles film on my own because my girlfriend refused to go, that was creepy but very enjoyable.
Old 23rd November 2019
Lives for gear

anybody here into tape voices?

Last edited by memristor; 23rd November 2019 at 07:23 PM..
Old 23rd November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Nah, the earth can't be flat. My cats would have knocked everything off the edge.
Oh, that's a serious argument you're bringing up...now I may have to rethink the entire thing, damn it.
Old 24th November 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiPiatra View Post
I can't go into politics here, it's a long story, but indeed the times were way better. People are brainwashed with absolutely everything this days, from the history of their own country up to the shape of our own planet, or whatever it is. So, back on topic, this is the creepiest experience I and everyone else is currently experiencing, the constant brainwashing. We have incredible powers, and we are so beautiful, wonderful, spiritual beings(we all experience this when we're kids and we know it, we feel how special we are, it's how The Divine communicates, it lets you feel stuff, our heart is messenger of The Divine), but then the brainwashing kicks in and we're removed from this wonderful state that we're born in through our parents, relatives, teachers, and so forth. We don't have to imagine that world of John Lennon's, because that world already exists within us, but it is hidden from us, along with our dreams, our spiritual state, our believes, our connection with The Divine, and we're not happy anymore, as we're not in tune with our surroundings, with our own DNA. It is true that money, sex, cars, houses and vacations in exotic locations doesn't bring happiness. It does indeed feed your ego, makes you look smart and successful at work, or in your social circle, but your heart is crying for attention, your heart needs awareness, gratitude, recognition, honesty, simple things that are accessible by everyone in this world.
well from what I’ve seen, most of the people who are talking about the brainwashing thing, have turned out to be the biggest offenders. pushed and propelled by massive personal incentives. and which under those terms, sadly helps amplify the creepiness factor until it moves into self oscillation.
Old 24th November 2019
Lives for gear

I wasn't even in the state when this happened but my wife as a young teen and her friends were playing with a ouija board. She asked it who she was gonna marry. It spelled out RON. She knew no Rons but I was on my way.

Ron and she have been married now for 33 years.
Old 24th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I wasn't even in the state when this happened but my wife as a young teen and her friends were playing with a ouija board. She asked it who she was gonna marry. It spelled out RON. She knew no Rons but I was on my way.

Ron and she have been married now for 33 years.
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. You need me to help find this Ron guy and kick his ass so you can be together with her?
Old 24th November 2019
Many years ago.....

A friends building’s landlord kicked everyone out as the whole block was to be torn down / redeveloped. The end of his studio. I had done a lot of work there, it was sad.

Before it was knocked down a group of my studio peeps friends thought we would re-enter the abandoned locked building to “liberate” some of the sound proofing for another friend’s studio.

(Dumb plan for sure, a fibreglass block robbery?)

So we broke in.

As we crept along in the (almost) total darkness inside the empty building and went down some stairs we suddenly saw some people coming towards us with a flashlight. We all sort of died and screamed at the same time....

It was our (own) reflections off a door window!

Doh!

We never did get very far with the “great fibreglass heist of ‘88” and decided to head out to a pub instead of getting arrested.
Old 25th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
As we crept along in the (almost) total darkness inside the empty building and went down some stairs we suddenly saw some people coming towards us with a flashlight. We all sort of died and screamed at the same time....

It was our (own) reflections off a door window!
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for gear
I had to do the "play for pay" thing in Los Angeles. It wasn't how good your band was, it was how much you could pay the proprietor to do a show. Audience be dammed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search