Movie - One upon a time in Hollywood
Old 8th September 2019
Movie - One upon a time in Hollywood

Really enjoyed this one!
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

I thought it was self indulgent and slow for the most part
Old 8th September 2019
I did too except the comedy alt reality ending saved it for me.

I think you might need to be in your 50/ 60 's or be up on 1970's news events to fully enjoy it.

For this reason it is self indulgent.
Old 9th September 2019
Here for the gear

Gonna be honest, I had to Google what the film was about after I left the movies as I was really confused

Made a lot of sense afterwards however
Old 10th September 2019
yep...

Most folks age 60 ish know the subjects covered well... any younger and it depends how much you have researched 1960's US culture and news events.
Old 10th September 2019
Lives for gear

it was one of those films where i was really looking forward to watching it when it came out.

while watching it i was a little disappointing and under whelmed. but then after it finished the more i thought about it, the more i liked it and thought it was done very clever.

its not my fav Tarantino film but I liked it better than Ing Bastars and the cowboy one.

The challenge with the film was that the Margo Robbie (aka Tate/Polanski) story line. It really seems to be placed really oddly into the film. Its a very long film and you go through most of it thinking why am i being shown the Tate story line -- but it doesn't finally fit in until the very last 15 minutes or so.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search