The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Japan
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Japan

Ever since watching Clive James travelogue as a nipper I have wanted to visit Japan, this was really just a far flung dream made worse by things like watching Blade Runner, reading Lone Wolf and Cub or Akira and a blossoming adoration for the work of Kakehashi San.

Circumstances have allowed this to happen and in a weeks time I will jet off for 10 days spent between Tokyo and Kyoto.

Taking into account those formative interests, a love of electronic music, a willingness to shunt my aging body into a full on 1990 style boogie and an affinity for my loose understanding of Shinto; I would love to hear about anyone elses take on things to do, experiences to have and places to go...

I have done the travel site stuff and I have personal ambitions:

The Roland Factory
Bullet Train
Yasakuni Shrine
Hiroshima
Capsule Hotel

What else slutz, recommendations?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I've talked to friends that have visited, and the advice I hear most consistently is to not set your expectations too high, or you will be miserable as hell. Regardless of your interests, what we see of Japan on TV and the internet is kind of a concentrated extreme. It's not an anime metropolis. It's not a tech paradise. It's not a synth wonderland. All those things are there, but not in any more depth than you would find them in other countries.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Yeah, I hope not to be miserable as hell

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search