The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any Ghost Hunters?
Old 17th May 2019
Any Ghost Hunters?

I put together a little electronic ghost hunting kit (spirit box, EMF detector, flashlight, digital audio recorder) for my wife's birthday yesterday. Obviously, it's more her hobby than mine, but I've went out on a field trip with her before and had lots of fun. Is anyone else around here into chasing paranormal stuff? I'd love to hear your stories.

Last edited by Derp; 6th June 2019 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: That post made no grammatical sense and nobody was going to tell me? Shame on you!
Old 6th June 2019
HSi
Lives for gear

Best not to look.
Old 7th June 2019
I believe in ghosts and hauntings but I haven't done any hunting yet. Looks like it might be fun using the electronic gizmos to look for them.
Old 7th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I believe in ghosts and hauntings but I haven't done any hunting yet. Looks like it might be fun using the electronic gizmos to look for them.
Just be careful. A lot of purportedly haunted places are dangerous and electronics distracting you can lead to an accident. I had a near-miss last year, and it could have ended very badly.
Old 17th June 2019
Here for the gear

My cowriter and I made a trip out to Pennsyvania to where our pal was doing a security gig at a huge abandon asylum/facility that was being demolished. Something like twenty buildings on the site. We had a week to wander the grounds, recording what evps we might find, and have fun scaring ourselves.

The only real scare we had was on the last day. I entered a room on the ground floor of the main admin building. I bumped into a crackhead that was scavenging for copper wire to sell! Scared the hell out of me, because I heard his breathing upon entering the room, but before I seen him... So when I finally seen him, I already had myself well-freaked-out.

He ran one way, and I ran the other!

Pffft... 'security'.
Old 17th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It is fun! I don't lend much weight to the claimed 'accuracy' of those gizmos, but they do add to the creepy factor quite a bit.

hehe... BUT it IS a type of gear...

gizmoslutz? Nah....
Old 17th June 2019
The one ghost hunting show I like, Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural, one of the guys uses a spirit box, and I have to side with the dude that's a skeptic. Those things seem more annoying than reliable. That and since it's scanning radio stations in succession, then of course it's occasionally going to catch words and phrases. As far as EVP, most of the time it really could be anything. Even the recordings that people cite as proof had to have the hell processed out of them to be heard.

For clarification, I do believe in some weird sh*t because of my own experience, but I think most reportings can be chalked up to good old-fashioned bumps in the night.
Old 18th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I put together a little electronic ghost hunting kit (spirit box, EMF detector, flashlight, digital audio recorder) for my wife's birthday yesterday. Obviously, it's more her hobby than mine....
Obviously.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search