The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Favorite Trash TV shows?
Old 7th August 2019
Old 7th August 2019
Gear Guru

I tried really really really hard to like X-Files. It definitely has its moments, but as a series, it lost me around the fifth season.

Now that I've said that, I'm ashamed to admit that I really enjoyed 24. It's such a guilty pleasure!
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Guru

I found some fun trash this weekend: There's a show on Netflix called Blown Away where glass blowers compete with each other to make the best glass sculptures and such with the grand prize being a gallery residency. Each episode has a theme, one person has the 'best' for that episode, and one person gets voted out. (Every time you hear glass shatter, you can feel the tension in the air.) Trashy or not, I had a really good time watching it. There's only ten episodes of 23 minutes each, so it's quick to burn through.
Old 3rd September 2019
Gear Guru

I finished up the latest season of Thirteen Reasons Why. The first season is excellent, the second is not as good as the first, but still ropes you in, but this latest season is where I have to draw a line and officially call it trash. The suspect of the week format gets really tiresome, and the ending contradicts what they spent the whole season building up to.
Old 3rd September 2019
Lives for gear

I watched Deadly Class - a syfy channel Comic Book adaptation that's set in the 80's at a boarding school for assassins-in-training. Kinda Pulp Fiction meets Beverly Hills 90210 meets The Crow.

Killer 80's music in each episode, and each episode is built around some sort of pop-culture movie trope (lots of darkened up John Hughes references). The Fear and Loathing episode was especially f&cked up..
Old 5th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I found some fun trash this weekend: There's a show on Netflix called Blown Away where glass blowers compete with each other to make the best glass sculptures and such with the grand prize being a gallery residency. Each episode has a theme, one person has the 'best' for that episode, and one person gets voted out. (Every time you hear glass shatter, you can feel the tension in the air.) Trashy or not, I had a really good time watching it. There's only ten episodes of 23 minutes each, so it's quick to burn through.

Totally LOVED this !!!

Binged watched it all over a week or so
Old 6th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Totally LOVED this !!!

Binged watched it all over a week or so
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I never imagined that glass blowing would be that stressful. Definitely something I don't want to try myself.
Old 6th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
How's this for trashy: I just finished watching the Roseanne box set.
Do not....I repeat....DO NOT quit therapy!
Old 12th September 2019
Here for the gear

I like X-Files too
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear
Not a trash TV prog, far from it but the best place to ask this question about a "Friends" episode.
Watching an episode the other day (the one with medic George Clooney)
He arrives at the apartment and asks Rachel where to hang his coat. She points towards the sofa and chairs and says, "Stat" ...so he goes over and lays his coat on the chair. I checked with subtitles and it reveals the same "Stat"
Maybe i misheard, or is it an Americanism/New York slang i,m not aware of?
Old 17th September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
Not a trash TV prog, far from it but the best place to ask this question about a "Friends" episode.
Watching an episode the other day (the one with medic George Clooney)
He arrives at the apartment and asks Rachel where to hang his coat. She points towards the sofa and chairs and says, "Stat" ...so he goes over and lays his coat on the chair. I checked with subtitles and it reveals the same "Stat"
Maybe i misheard, or is it an Americanism/New York slang i,m not aware of?
That's hospital-speak for "immediately." I don't know when exactly it came into use -- you never heard it in the early days when they were paging "Dr. Howard... Dr. Howard... Dr. Fine..."
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
That's hospital-speak for "immediately." I don't know when exactly it came into use -- you never heard it in the early days when they were paging "Dr. Howard... Dr. Howard... Dr. Fine..."
Aha...that puts in to context now.
Thanks Brent.
Old 27th September 2019
Here for the gear

I like Knightfall more
Old 14th October 2019
Gear Guru

My wife got me hooked on one. It's a YouTube documentary series called Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural There's a true crime iteration of the show, but the Supernatural one is beyond awesome. It's about a pair of ghost hunters that checks out famous ghost-sighting locations, but with a fun twist: One of them is an amateur that believes beyond a shadow of a doubt that there's ghosts. The other guy is a skeptic and an asshole. OH MY GOD, IT'S FUNNY!!! Most of the show is just watching the believer freak out at the slightest little noise or change in temperature while the other guy plays along, but makes fun of him when he's alone with the camera. It's kind of educational because they spend a portion of each episode in the studio giving the history of each place, but mostly, it's their bad chemistry that makes it worth watching. Like you can tell that they're trying to be friends, but you can also see where they're driving each other up the wall. A new season just started, and I'm hooked all over again.
Old 31st October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablainke View Post
I like Knightfall more
yes it's interesting too
Old 1st November 2019
Just finished

Living with yourself

Great fun / exciting / funny
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Anyone started watching The Mandalorian? I initially had no interest, but then I saw baby Yoda, and I'm really struggling to talk myself out of getting a Disney+ subscription.

HE'S SO FREAKIN' CUTE MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I never ever ever imagined this show would be interesting, but a couple days ago, I woke up while my wife was watching Queer Eye: We're in Japan and ended up binging the rest of the season with her. I always assumed the show was just about fashion and grooming, but (in this season at least) a lot of it was things like teaching a couple how to communicate better in the bedroom and showing a twenty-something doomer that her life was worth living. It's still a pretty trashy show, but the feel-good vibe is undeniably powerful, so I think when I'm done with my vacation, I'm going to check out the rest of the series.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Anyone started watching The Mandalorian? I initially had no interest, but then I saw baby Yoda, and I'm really struggling to talk myself out of getting a Disney+ subscription.

HE'S SO FREAKIN' CUTE MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!
THANKS A BUNCH! I showed my kids this - now we have to subscribe!

Can you watch it on Apple TV or Amazon prime? Or just on a computer?

(Thanks )
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
THANKS A BUNCH! I showed my kids this - now we have to subscribe!

Can you watch it on Apple TV or Amazon prime? Or just on a computer?

(Thanks )
LOL! I'm not sure, to be honest. I do all my viewing through an old PS3, and they aren't going to support Apple +. I know you can stream it through a computer, so I'll probably bum somebody's subscription someday so I can binge on Baby Yoda.
Old 1 week ago
Old 1 week ago
↑ ↑

I gotta' say, that little critter is cute!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search