The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
college
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

college

Guys, just remember your students life in college and share your minds about writing essay? How it was fo you? easy or hard??
Old 24th April 2019
College was rather easy for me. I was an honor student without trying. Spew back the crap they fed you and get an A. High School was harder.
Old 9th May 2019
HSi
Lives for gear

It was easy. Every single time I'd do it the evening before, I'd go over my brief notes a few times the days before. Why do you ask though? How will this information help you or anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonmake View Post
College time was funny. Now I am university student and sometimes missed about my college life. Writing essays are nightmare for me. I am bad in it. So sometimes I applied for helps and advices to friends and essay writing service . Trully say now I working on my paper research.
College is university in a lot of countries.
Old 11th May 2019
Lives for gear

In America, technically a "college" and a "university" aren't the same thing, but for the most part they are interchangeable and used to mean the same thing. Incidentally, you don't "go to university," you "go to college" here (i.e. the expression). When I hear the latter, I always hear it in a Russian accent.

As for writing essays, generally I found them pretty easy, but writing is a skill I've always been blessed with. Ironically, my major was Computer Science and I've always been good at most technical subjects (except chemistry...a horribly boring subject), but writing is what I've always enjoyed and wanted to do.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

College time was funny. Now I am university student and sometimes missed about my college life. Writing essays are nightmare for me. I am bad in it. So sometimes I applied for helps and advices to friends and essay writing service. Trully say now I working on my paper research.
Old 1 week ago
For me it was great, probably the best 2 years of my life, I hated having to leave and not pursue a career in music, I did go to uni as well but am not cut out for academic life or writing 10,000 word dissertations, so I dropped out after year 1, life has been terrible since then, not going to get into it but it's been a rough decade.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Went to a community college after dropping out of a drop out program

Got a degree and tbh life couldnt be better now, I encourage everyone to go to school and get a degree in something the world needs, not what you wanna do.

Then with the money you earn do what you wanna do with it, smartest thing ive learned.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Went to a community college after dropping out of a drop out program

Got a degree and tbh life couldnt be better now, I encourage everyone to go to school and get a degree in something the world needs, not what you wanna do.

Then with the money you earn do what you wanna do with it, smartest thing ive learned.
Yes, but no. Never study something you absolutely detest or bores you to no end- your career will be one long and miserable time. My son started in engineering and hated it. He dropped it and went into economics, which he really likes. It cost me some money, but it was a very smart move on his part. Lots of jobs in economics these days too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
For me it was great, probably the best 2 years of my life, I hated having to leave and not pursue a career in music, I did go to uni as well but am not cut out for academic life or writing 10,000 word dissertations, so I dropped out after year 1, life has been terrible since then, not going to get into it but it's been a rough decade.
Sorry about that. Hope things improve.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Never said detest, that is an extreme circumstance that i think no one with a choice would do. I just said something the world needs, not what you want.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Never said detest, that is an extreme circumstance that i think no one with a choice would do. I just said something the world needs, not what you want.
True enough. There are plenty of choices one can make that are in demand and I'm sure most people will find some of it interesting.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Better off standing alone and run out the clock.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm one of those folks that got lucky and did pretty well without higher education. (And yes, it is luck as I've known a lot of people that worked harder than I did and got nowhere.) That being said, I figured out a way to get college for free, so I'm doing it now for the hell of it. One of the fun parts is that a lot of the stuff I learned twenty years ago in high school has been found to be incorrect, so it's been fascinating learning these new things and seeing what's changed. (Psychology is practically a whole new science compared to what I learned of it in high school.) Some of the classes are harder than high school classes (looking square at American History and Algebra here), but for the most part, as long as you don't mind writing (which I don't as evidenced by the fact that I'm taking a break from writing my research paper to write on GearSlutz), a lot of them are way easier. Even the tough classes aren't so bad. They're usually tough because you're having to apply knowledge instead of reciting facts. As much as I struggled to get through History, in hindsight I enjoyed it because it was less about spewing dates and names and more ascertaining the environment of the time and the long-term effects of political/social decisions. And some of the classes are even relaxing. I use my Fine Arts Appreciation textbook as a substitute to watching TV before bed.

On the subject of classes seeming easy, I wonder if the expectation of students has gone down. Doing my studies online, my classes are a bit accelerated, but I still don't take nearly as many tests/quizzes/write papers as I did in high school. Like with English Comp II, the entire course consisted of a midterm, a final, and a paper on "Heart of Darkness". There were no online discussions, no side activities, nothing of the sort. Even the more intense classes are only that way because of the amount of reading involved. I'm sure the classes I didn't want to take like the maths and advanced sciences are probably worse, but even College Algebra wasn't that bad.

I second the opinion that you shouldn't study something you know will bore you. I could probably get into some super mega awesome career if I got into a STEM program, but I suck at technical studies and am bored by that crap. On the other side, I love writing, so I'm majoring in English, and I'm really enjoying it. Even if it hasn't had an effect on my career, I wish I'd done this sooner.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search