The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your movie reviews
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

So protip for anyone flying American Airlines: They have a pretty large selection of movies to pick from in-flight. Mostly newer movies, but there's a couple older flicks in there including...

It's an oldie but goldie! 9 to 5 is about three women working for a tyrannical sexist boss. They daydream about having their revenge on them and during this daydreaming, one of them switches out the boss's creamer for rat poison by mistake. High jinks ensue. It kind of hasn't aged well since sexism isn't quite as common in the workplace as it used to be, but it's still fun to watch.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Oh yes, my mother...

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
This one is a great film, about a boy who accidentally travels trough time. I mean it's right there with "The Terminator" when it comes to early 80's time travel movies.

Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
This one is a great film, about a boy who accidentally travels trough time. I mean it's right there with "The Terminator" when it comes to early 80's time travel movies.

One of my all time favourite movies from one of my favourite directors.
I would also recommend:
Brazil, Baron Munchausen, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 12 Monkeys, Fisher King, all by Terry Gilliam.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

I watched both Shadow Of The Vampire and the original Marnau version of Nosferatu yesterday. Both were enjoyable. Dafoe's portrayel of Shreck/Nosferatu was really well done and the original is just creepy because of the makeup and Shreck's performance. Sadly, John Malcovich was in "Shadow". I am of the opinion that he has the talent of cardboard - probably soggy cardboard. That said, Dafoe's performance way out shined Malcovich so it was still a good watch.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear