The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your movie reviews
Old 2 weeks ago
I can't wait to watch this horror film! Antlers produced by one of the masters, Guillermo del Toro. It's sad that the Covid-19 has placed such a damper on the film industry.

Here's the trailer:

Old 1 week ago
Been waiting for Blood Machines for a long time and finally watched it. Don't expect much in the way of plot and you wont be disappointed, just enjoy the ride. If you were wishing for a 45 minute version of Carpenter Brut's Turbo Killer...well you got it! Personally, I enjoyed the visuals and of course a fantastic retro soundtrack by Carpenter Brut. Run time is a bit short, acting is a little stilted in places, but those were minor quibbles. What isn't a minor quibble is that this is broken up into 3 episodes on Shudder....WHY??? Anyway, this short film movie is like a mix of Lifeforce (Joelle Berkmanns will make that comparison abundantly clear) and Heavy Metal. Get baked, crank it up and enjoy the next 45 minutes.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I saw a French movie in the TV guide today - 'White Tuft - the Little Beaver'.

It was somewhat disappointing on account of being a family-oriented animal movie.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Another free movie on Youtube...

I saw it before, but it was better the second time.

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
Another free movie on Youtube...

I saw it before, but it was better the second time.

Great film!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbkrawler View Post
I got around to renting this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, built up really well and totally agree, I thought the score and sound effects were well done. There was a really long riser like thing going on that thought was very effective and it really built tension for climax. FX were pretty good and I thought it was paced nicely. I will be putting it into my collection for sure.
Me too- just ordered it from Amazon! Been waiting to add it to my H.P. Lovecraft collection of movies.
Old 1 week ago
Thumbs up Cloud Atlas & Predestination

I watched two amazing films!

If you haven't seen these, I highly recommend them!

Old 1 week ago
HSi
Lives for gear

I really haven't seen many films for such a long time.

The Irishman was great though, I'm not sure I thought it was better than Goodfellas but it was definitely in the same tier, it could have been a bit longer though, he really cut it short in the editing room.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
I really haven't seen many films for such a long time.

The Irishman was great though, I'm not sure I thought it was better than Goodfellas but it was definitely in the same tier, it could have been a bit longer though, he really cut it short in the editing room.
I have The Irishman on my watchlist. One of these days, I'll hit the play button.
Old 5 days ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Very old film, as old as me. Alien, just watched it on a projector, it's amazing how well it still holds up.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSi View Post
Very old film, as old as me. Alien, just watched it on a projector, it's amazing how well it still holds up.
The Alien films are some of my treasured Sci-Fi!
Old 3 days ago
The Invisible Man

Last evening I watched the Invisible Man, 2020 version.

IMHO, I thought the film was spectacular with amazing sound! I wasn't going to buy or watch this film, but after reading some reviews I decided to check it out.

I Invited some relatives to watch the film and they were flying off their seats, lol

A+ for this modern thriller!

Old 3 days ago
HSi
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Last evening I watched the Invisible Man, 2020 version.

IMHO, I thought the film was spectacular with amazing sound! I wasn't going to buy or watch this film, but after reading some reviews I decided to check it out.

I Invited some relatives to watch the film and they were flying off their seats, lol

A+ for this modern thriller!

That did look fairly interesting. If you like things along a those lines try these two

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search