The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
(American) Football anyone?
Old 13th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
What a half. Who'd have thought KC would be leading after that horrible start.
That was one heck of a half. And who'd have thought the Ravens would lose?

The AFC games were very entertaining. The NFC games are going as expected.
Old 13th January 2020
Lives for gear

I think the Titans have a really good shot at KC. Running game. Derrick Henry.

I don't see how GB has any chance at all against the Niners. The Seahawks and Russell Wilson would have posed a greater challenge.
Old 13th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I think the Titans have a really good shot at KC. Running game. Derrick Henry.

I don't see how GB has any chance at all against the Niners. The Seahawks and Russell Wilson would have posed a greater challenge.
Totally agree with both of your points.
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

Some damn fool tried to correct me for saying Teddy Bridgewater had a perfect record at QB, but hopefully it's OK to say a QB has a win record again now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...national%3famp
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
Some damn fool tried to correct me for saying Teddy Bridgewater had a perfect record at QB, but hopefully it's OK to say a QB has a win record again now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...national%3famp
Burrow looked incredible. LSU is running an NFL system, and he's more than ready for the next step.

Though technically last night it was Trevor Lawrence who did have a perfect record on the line, something unheard of for a sophomore QB who started as a freshman. It's clear Burrow is more accurate now, but man that Lawrence kid is unique in his abilities and athleticism. I think he has a way higher ceiling. He's like a "break the mold" type of talent, like MJ, like Lebron, like Steph, like Mike Tyson, etc...
Old 14th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Burrow looked incredible. LSU is running an NFL system, and he's more than ready for the next step.

Though technically last night it was Trevor Lawrence who did have a perfect record on the line, something unheard of for a sophomore QB who started as a freshman. It's clear Burrow is more accurate now, but man that Lawrence kid is unique in his abilities and athleticism. I think he has a way higher ceiling. He's like a "break the mold" type of talent, like MJ, like Lebron, like Steph, like Mike Tyson, etc...
We can talk about him when they win. LMAO.
Old 14th January 2020
Quote:

I agree that Lawrence has even greater things to come next year. This was Burrow's year. They're both highly talented QBs.

Quote:
We can talk about him when they win. LMAO.
Clemson had a chance until the 4th quarter. When I saw what they were doing defensively, it reminded me a bit of Alabama that year they put ten men on the D-line on every play and threatened the offense non-stop......maybe it was 2010? That defensive strategy won them the championship.

Clemson put a heck of a lot of pressure on Burrow- that middle linebacker in particular was great, until he did that targeting thing.

Two great teams with some outstanding plays. A very enjoyable game to watch!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Gonna be a good SB!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Gonna be a good SB!
I agree, it looks like the two best teams made it.

I'd give the edge to SF, but KC is looking pretty formidable as well!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I agree, it looks like the two best teams made it.

I'd give the edge to SF, but KC is looking pretty formidable as well!
Both of their offenses are looking unstoppable. Could be that whoever's defense is better will be the winner.

I'm going for K.C. as they've never won before. And when it gets going, their passing attack is unreal.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think the game comes down to whether the Niners can pressure Mahomes - something the Titans weren't able to do at all, as he toyed with them all day.

The Niners are the only team that has the personnel (with Bosa, Dee Ford, Armistead and Buckner) that maybe able to pressure Mahomes with just a 4 man rush, thus you're able to drop 7 back in coverage against 5 for the Chiefs. Even then if you give Mahomes too much time, he'll pick it apart.

The other key is, if the Niners can eat chunks of time with sustained drives emphasizing the run, that is in effect containing Mahomes by keeping him off the field.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Shows a pattern of behavior.

But I'm sure he's just a rebel.
Seriously? This? I guess he should feel privileged the "owners" let him play in their league. Right? We're talking about sexual assault and you're drawing a pattern from wanting to wear a helmet and missing practice?

Let me guess you felt the same way about Iverson

Man.
As I said, pattern of behavior:

Antonio Brown has turned himself in after warrant issued for his arrest

Quote:
Brown faces one count each of burglary with battery, burglary of an unoccupied conveyance and criminal mischief, the Hollywood Police Department said.

Police issued an arrest warrant for Brown in Hollywood, Florida, after an incident at his home in which he and his coach allegedly assaulted a moving truck driver, authorities said Wednesday.

The alleged victim told police that Brown and his coach, Glenn Holt, "battered" him when he was delivering Brown's household items that he stored in California, a complaint said.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sure, but you've consistently refused to address the disparate treatment, and that was my point. You kept saying I was excusing his behavior to deflect when I never once did that. Let's face it, we live in a nation where a guy can shoot up a church full of people and get fast food, but unarmed POC get killed and you refuse to see my point. If AB was a different hue, you'd be discussing his mental illness/sickness and need for help. But instead he's the scum of the Earth and you include missing practice in the same "pattern of behavior " as sexual assault.

Big Ben went to practice, and is likely a rapist.

Point me to the thread where you discussed his behavior pattern.

Sadly, you claim a man missing football practice is part of a pattern of behavior, but when I point to hundreds of years of patterns in this society of disparate treatment with regard to POC, you say I'm making everything racial.

I'm done talking to you, you'll only deflect and avoid the point.

Last edited by IM WHO YOU THINK; 4 weeks ago at 04:51 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
If AB was a different hue, you'd be discussing his mental illness/sickness and need for help.

Um, you got the wrong guy. I never discuss mental illness as an excuse for crimes people commit, not my m.o. Where did you come up with that?

Quote:

Big Ben went to practice, and is likely a rapist.

Point me to the thread where you discussed his behavior pattern.
I've already stated he is scum and should be in prison. Apparently you forgot.

Quote:

Sadly, you claim a man missing football practice is part of a pattern of behavior, but when I point to hundreds of years of patterns in this society of disparate treatment with regard to POC, you say I'm making everything racial.
What does treatment of POC have to do with talking about A.B's behavior? You are trying to turn the discussion into a racial discussion.

Quote:
I'm done talking to you, you'll only deflect and avoid the point.
Come on man, let's not do this. Let's have a beer instead.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
I'm going for K.C. as they've never won before.
After losing to Green Bay in the first SB, KC beat the Vikings 23-7 in Super Bowl IV. The Vikings were favored by 13 points, so it was considered an upset. But that was in 1970, and KC hasn't been back to the SB until now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Um, you got the wrong guy. I never discuss mental illness as an excuse for crimes people commit, not my m.o. Where did you come up with that?

I've already stated he is scum and should be in prison. Apparently you forgot.

What does treatment of POC have to do with talking about A.B's behavior? You are trying to turn the discussion into a racial discussion.

Come on man, let's not do this. Let's have a beer instead.
OK,
You're right. Beer accepted. But, I do find it ironic that you now see "patterns of behavio,r" but in our many discussions when I draw years of connected behaviors in society together, you don't see the pattern.

I don't hold it against you, I think I've come to accept us having different cultural realities. I don't expect you to see my vantage point. I think this society has culturally conditioned the majority group to not see the other vantage point. (But that's an entirely different discussion).

I think AB will be alright in the end. (If he's not actually guilty of the sexual assault) He'll screw up a bit. He's got a few screws loose and settling into the loss of income he's facing will be a big one to swallow.

If he can avoid prison, and someone can convince him of the $$$ value of being quiet, He'll rebound.

The colorful mustache told me a few sandwiches were missing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

AB needs help.

When Drew Rosenhaus dumps you, that's saying something. I mean that's what he's known for - sticking with his clients through thick and thin (T.O., Tyreek Hill, Chad Ochocinco, Plaxico, Warren Sapp, LeSean McCoy - they've all had brushes with the law and had major legal/PR entanglements).

I don't know recently of a bigger or such an extended public meltdown. I don't think race plays in the general public perception of him, which doesn't mean there aren't issues of race and public/MSM perception - but he's like in his own category at this point.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9xSound View Post
After losing to Green Bay in the first SB, KC beat the Vikings 23-7 in Super Bowl IV. The Vikings were favored by 13 points, so it was considered an upset. But that was in 1970, and KC hasn't been back to the SB until now.
I stand corrected. I didn't look it up, but I guess my recall of early Super Bowls isn't the best as I was much younger. I always thought KC was in around three of them back then. Maybe I've mixed the Vikings and Chiefs up.

I was interviewing third year business students for summer jobs this past week, and one had been a running back. Someone brought up the upcoming Super Bowl, and he thought that KC has the better chance as pass interference rules are so finicky nowadays that they'll get more yards that way. I thought it was an interesting viewpoint.

(As an aside....wow, those students are raw but talented! Many are trilingual, have basic experience in businesses, and are technically adept.)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe I've mixed the Vikings and Chiefs up.
Vikings fans need some sympathy - they're 0-4.

But then we should all wish for positivity and well being during this time of the year for Bills fans considering they lost 4 SBs in a row...that and on top of living in Buffalo; well, may they someday be blessed with at least one friggin' win.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Vikings fans need some sympathy - they're 0-4.

But then we should all wish for positivity and well being during this time of the year for Bills fans considering they lost 4 SBs in a row...that and on top of living in Buffalo; well, may they someday be blessed with at least one friggin' win.
And the famous Herschel Walker trade. Gave Dallas a very good team for a few years. Sort of like the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth.

A guy on my bus to work goes to Bills games. He always comments about the very drunk people there.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
AB needs help.

When Drew Rosenhaus dumps you, that's saying something. I mean that's what he's known for - sticking with his clients through thick and thin (T.O., Tyreek Hill, Chad Ochocinco, Plaxico, Warren Sapp, LeSean McCoy - they've all had brushes with the law and had major legal/PR entanglements).

I don't know recently of a bigger or such an extended public meltdown. I don't think race plays in the general public perception of him, which doesn't mean there aren't issues of race and public/MSM perception - but he's like in his own category at this point.
The way the media handles black people is usually different. It exists primarily to condition certain views of us to the rest of society. There's a long history of this. The animus toward us is different. Even when it's warranted, we get more of it.

Name some TV shows that showed positive black family images before the Cosby show. Good Times had a father who was powerless in keeping a job and couldn't do for his family. The Jefferson's had a guy who had emotional outbursts and tried to get over on everyone, and so did Sanford. It's subtle, but it's always there.

It contributes to the disparate treatment.

There's been progress over time, but there's always a progress/regress pattern. Throughout American history, it's always been that way. Look what happened when MLK focused on economics, as opposed to when he seemed like a guy who just wanted pseudo equality.
Old 3 weeks ago
It's sad that the Patriots didn't make it so I'm rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs!

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It's sad that the Patriots didn't make it so I'm rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs!

KC looks good, but I've learned nothing is certain till the game is over.

A old guy from my neighborhood did a bunch of drugs in the 70s and he often says he roots for the team that is beating MF's up at half time. That's how he picks his teams.
Old 2 weeks ago
Thumbs up Champions!

Kansas City Chiefs: Superbowl Champions!

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Happy for the Chiefs. Felt like SF got jobbed on a couple of calls (that push off on Kittle was lame) but Mahommes is such a great player. He elevates that team for sure and the Chiefs are going to be tough to beat for years. Well, now the countdown begins again for opening day.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofolk View Post
Happy for the Chiefs. Felt like SF got jobbed on a couple of calls (that push off on Kittle was lame) but Mahommes is such a great player. He elevates that team for sure and the Chiefs are going to be tough to beat for years.
Good game. Could've gone either way. The SF run game was great- KC couldn't stop it. The calls? The Kittle thing I was ok with. The TD where the foot went out was really close.

Mahomes sure has guts though. Well-deserving of the MVP. Great for Andy Reid after all this time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofolk View Post
Well, now the countdown begins again for opening day.
The Browns will be tied for first, if just for the preseason.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Browns will be tied for first, if just for the preseason.
I see an OBJ implosion derailing their season from the get go.

The dude was out of control in the aftermath of the NCAA Championship game - what was his deal?!? I don't think he's a happy camper in Cleveland. He needs to be in a big market, short of that he'll be a malcontent. The Giants sent him there on purpose, out of spite, an NFL purgatory if there ever was one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Great Super Bowl!

Either could have won, both really good football teams.

Congrats to the Chiefs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The refs let em play - many no calls - I do not EVER remember seeing a football game with out a holding penalty - I do not remember even seeing one. Did anybody else happen to see a 'holding penalty'? just wondering, it was a decent game
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Mahomes was the difference.

When the pocket collapses, Garapolo's a dead duck. When the pocket collapses on Mahomes, he becomes even more lethal. He's a pretty special talent.

Shanahan called a poor game. The Niners still could have won if Garapolo didn't overthrow a wide open Sanders.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search