The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
(American) Football anyone?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by creegstor View Post
The argument now is that FB/Twitter have become monopolizations of public utilities and should be subject to 1A. I think there is merit to this line.
That’s a bit of a reach and a long long way off (at least one Supreme Court decision away, some other social media site may reign king by then.)

Until then, the social media sites you electively use can moderate how they like. Just like gearslutz who may delete this post. Let that inform a person’s entirely elective and non-essential choice to use them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
2) there are often tie ins to the military in many sporting events.
That's not really on the NFL though. The DoD pays the league, along with all the other major sports leagues, to do things like flyovers, throw out first pitches and have military members sing the anthem as part of its "recruitment" efforts. I wouldn't call it politicizing the event; it is more like paid patriotism.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I will say the Raiders did seem to have it going , but I think they are a bit away still from being actual contenders.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1 View Post
That’s a bit of a reach
It's not at all.

"an infrastructural necessity for the general public where the supply conditions are such that the public may not be provided with a reasonable service at reasonable prices because of monopoly in the area."
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSPH3 View Post
That's not really on the NFL though. The DoD pays the league, along with all the other major sports leagues, to do things like flyovers, throw out first pitches and have military members sing the anthem as part of its "recruitment" efforts. I wouldn't call it politicizing the event; it is more like paid patriotism.
Forced patriotism. The emphasis on the armed forces essentially makes it jingoism.

Yeah, I'd say there's a political bent. Just as there was for Leni Reifenstahl's Triumph of the Will or the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's not at all.

"an infrastructural necessity for the general public where the supply conditions are such that the public may not be provided with a reasonable service at reasonable prices because of monopoly in the area."
I see the angle, its just a long shot to me. First, there's no actual monopoly, that word would have to be expanded in definition, or else Facebook and Twitter specifically would have to be legally categorized as something unique. And then it would go through the whole appeals process up into the Supreme Court. 10 years out at least. And by then Facebook could be dead because they don't actually have a monopoly and their young userbase keeps shrinking.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The refs are at it again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
First, can you Kap lovers/haters/political tangent soapboxers please get a room and let the rest of us actually talk about FOOTBALL now? Holy ####.

Back to football:

A Brown = walking talking human vomit, but face it he's a great WR and we might as well hand another ring to the in-the-sewer-and-proud-of-it Pats. They look unstoppable already.

Who is this Titan team and how the bleep did they dismantle the hyped up Browns?? I don't give up on the Browns yet by any means but wow easily the big shocker of the week.

Speaking of wow...the Saints Texans game. WHAT a finish!!! So glad Saints won only because of that ridiculous call against them at the end. Another year of lame ass refs?

Lions find a way to screw up another game lol. How do you lose an 18 pt 4Q lead to a rookie QB??
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
A Brown = walking talking human vomit, but face it he's a great WR and we might as well hand another ring to the in-the-sewer-and-proud-of-it Pats. They look unstoppable already.
He's also a dumpster fire level side show, which not all walking talking human vomits are...and, now with the rape charge by his trainer, even more of a fiasco.

For once the Raiders lucked out in what looked like another case of management ineptitude, they get off relatively easy by cutting their losses and moving on.

Shame on the Pats...they have no shame.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
First, can you Kap lovers/haters/political tangent soapboxers please get a room and let the rest of us actually talk about FOOTBALL now? Holy ####.
LOL! Yes! Thank you, Bill.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
For once the Raiders lucked out in what looked like another case of management ineptitude, they get off relatively easy by cutting their losses and moving on.

That's not exactly news. But the Raiders will eat crow when they see Brown leading the Pats to victory after victory.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
That's not exactly news. But the Raiders will eat crow when they see Brown leading the Pats to victory after victory.
The Raiders are going to be the Raiders. I don't see them eating crow over releasing that human waste. They know that Brown would have just mailed it in on game days — like Randy Moss did, giving up on plays and not giving 100% effort on the field for the team. Brown has no character and no sense of honor or shame. That's why he behaves like Brown. I'm just sorry he went to the Patriots, because I like the Patriots as much now as I like the Raiders. It burns me up to have that dumpster's name mentioned alongside both of my favorite teams.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9xSound View Post
The Raiders are going to be the Raiders. I don't see them eating crow over releasing that human waste. They know that Brown would have just mailed it in on game days — like Randy Moss did, giving up on plays and not giving 100% effort on the field for the team. Brown has no character and no sense of honor or shame. That's why he behaves like Brown. I'm just sorry he went to the Patriots, because I like the Patriots as much now as I like the Raiders. It burns me up to have that dumpster's name mentioned alongside both of my favorite teams.
They will turn him around quick or he will be gone.. you can't 'play' the Pats management. Who knows maybe he will have an epiphany. Or one of the lawsuits catches him first...
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
He's also a dumpster fire level side show, which not all walking talking human vomits are...and, now with the rape charge by his trainer, even more of a fiasco.

That rape charge has odd timing to say the least. And the idea that he did multiple things to her in multiple cities shouldn't be questioned in this era of guilty by accusation.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is what's gonna happen. Of course I'd rather it be the Saints or the Steelers. Lol.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
That rape charge has odd timing to say the least.
Yeah it does appear so.

Quote:
And the idea that he did multiple things to her in multiple cities shouldn't be questioned in this era of guilty by accusation.
Not necessarily. Not to go down a rabbit hole, but sexual assault is about power and control, and until all of the facts and details come out, it's hard to gauge exactly what happened and what the dynamics of their relationship were.

This stuff usually gets snuffed out by whoever has the best legal and PR representation, usually not by actually what really happened. An example: the whole Peyton Manning sexual assault allegation by a female trainer at U of Tenn was pretty much swept under the rug, led by Archie and a throng of lawyers and PR types, despite what appeared to be accurate and damning reporting on the matter.

I don't know what exactly happened here, neither do you. The accuser supposedly passed a lie detector test. If so, Antonio needs to take one.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The point of saying one took a polygraph test is not to hail its accuracy, but showing one's willingness to take one.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The point of saying one took a polygraph test is not to hail its accuracy, but showing one's willingness to take one.
One's willingness to subject one's life to the whims of a technology that doesn't work for the purposes it claims.

So an intelligence test?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

No, it's just a common tactic, usually offered by the party that feels it's being truthful.

The intelligence comes into play in how each other's representation performs. Considering AB probably can buy the best, gives him a major advantage. You never know though, the evidence might be too compelling.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We assume the info that comes out is factual, when that's not necessarily true. Then, if we had prior reason to dislike the guy (usually because of the way things have been presented to us via the media,) we walk away glad we "got him".
I think there will be way more info coming out of AB's camp. And I don't think AB's character issues should matter at all (unless there's other accusations that come forward), just in the same sense a person of otherwise impeccable character shouldn't be discounted for that reason alone if they're accused.

Quote:
I never claimed to know anything. So the statement that you don't know what happened and I don't is a given. I honestly don't know why you typed it.
I said it in a general sense, and in no way was I singling you out per se. I apologize if you took any offense.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think there will be way more info coming out of AB's camp. And I don't think AB's character issues should matter at all (unless there's other accusations that come forward), just in the same sense a person of otherwise impeccable character shouldn't be discounted for that reason alone if they're accused.

I said it in a general sense, and in no way was I singling you out per se. I apologize if you took any offense.
I didn't take any real offense to it, but still I appreciate the apology.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do know that if a man masturbated in front of a woman and ejaculated on her back in one state (against her will) , then did something else to her in another state, she probably shouldn't have accompanied him to a second state after the first incident.
What if that man is her source of income? I think it's hard to speculate what her state of mind or what her situation was at this point in time, without more things being divulged. I'm just guessing here, but I'd think sexual harassment and assault is an occupational hazard for female athletic trainers.

Maybe they had a consensual relationship, but there still could have been incidents of assault. That is not out of the realm of possibilities.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

After being flagged with an infraction, I'm afraid to discuss further. I'm out of this one.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Looking forward to a good weekend of football.

Go Rams!

Ok, and Vikings too.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

"I think there will be way more info coming out of AB's camp" you're a funny guy. RLOL
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The refs are at it again.
Refs still at it. 3-3, and they cost us a touchdown blowing the ball dead mid play.

(Apparently they want to reset the play clock a few times too.)
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Refs still at it. 3-3, and they cost us a touchdown blowing the ball dead mid play.

(Apparently they want to reset the play clock a few times too.)

I'd be more concerned with Drew Brees' injury. Hopefully it's not too serious.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I'd be more concerned with Drew Brees' injury. Hopefully it's not too serious.
Hopefully, otherwise we'll need 11 point touchdowns to have a good season
Old 3 days ago
Well, the Raiders didn't disappoint this week. They played like they were cellmates with Rosie O'Donnell. They played like Jane Fonda at an Army-Navy game, John Holmes with a crank cramp, and Jusse Smollett giving a police report. I just can't explain the ineptitude. We had season tickets to the Raiders when I was a kid and they were insanely fun. I even saw Namath once when NY was in town. But I'm done. Go Patriots! Tom Brady rules. Rules!

How'd your team play?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search