The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Are You Drinking?
Old 9th March 2019
  #181
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
A very 90s yuppie cellar. I salute you. Practical, of reasonably good taste, frugal but not parsimonious.
The 90s raised me
Old 17th March 2019
  #182
Lives for gear
 
robert82's Avatar
Just bumping this to say, as the days are finally getting longer, and we've actually had a couple of days over 30 degrees, it's time to switch over from dark, barrel-aged liquors (Maker's Mark, Buleitt, Jackie D) to something lighter. Sipping Camarena Silver with lime right now. It was on sale. Here in Vermont, all the liquor outlets are state sponsored, and they all have the same things on sale every month.
Old 18th March 2019
  #183
Friday night, I treated myself:





I had myself a good time.
Old 24th November 2019
  #184
It always make me sads how off-topic isn't an active subforum like it is on other forums. I'm keeping th eghost alive tonight, though. Here i be drinking:



I'm not normally a whsiky guy, but these dudes wer doing a demo at my local liquor store, and I couldn't resist the whole 'Texas pride' thing. Woo!
Old 30th November 2019
  #185


This is an absinthe that snobs love to bash on, but frankly, I love the flavor. It's got enough licorice in it to qualify it as a classic absinthe, but there's some additional herbs that give it, dare I say, an EROTIC taste. I swear, this stuff tastes like the magic of femininity, and it mixes so well that it's almost criminal! Love this stuff. Screw the snobs; Lucid is gooooood.
Old 30th November 2019
  #186
Lives for gear
Old 8th December 2019
  #187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Friday night, I treated myself:



on
Funny! Asylum 13 is the name of the weekly Industrial Dance night at my local nightclub for the past 5 years.
Old 13th December 2019
  #188
Lives for gear
 
PdotDdot's Avatar
Well heck, I think it's time to spice this thread up.

I drink water! Also known as a Croton Cocktail back in NY.

I use a Multipure Water Filter to get all the nasty stuff out of the tap water.

Trying to keep them pesky kidney beans from forming....

:-)
Old 22nd December 2019
  #189
Lives for gear
 
memristor's Avatar
 

I used be a "functional" alcoholic. But any expert on the matter will tell you theres no such thing as "used to be" or "ex alcoholic" or "functional".

Used to drink 0.5 - 0.6 L wodka a day, not during daytime though, but from early evening on. For more than 1 and 1/2 years.
Couldnt quit. Never had hangovers. I was totally used to it. Between 6 and 8 in the evening I got nervous. Had to buy my bottle, or two.

Eventually I went to a hospital for withdrawal, doctor told me it was too risky to do it without monitoring. For 10 days, with clomethiazole and stuff.
(Worst tasting med I've ever encountered, tastes like burned polystyrol)
Went home, started drinking again after three or five days.

Drank like before for another 1/2 year-
Visited a group, similar to AA. Didnt work - whenever I left the meeting, first thing after all this talk about drinking was that I needed a drink. Urgently.

Eventually, I managed to reduce nevertheless, and only drank after the weekly meetings.

Then I decided it's the meetings that keep me from getting clean, and stopped going there (and stopped drinking, too).

And it worked. I was clean for more than half a year or so, and since that day I have my "phases". I drink ocassionally. When I do, its usually more than I intent, and sometimes it results in a couple of days I that I am drinking in the evenings.

But I never got addicted like I used to be, again. This was like 10 years ago.

But I am aware thats a rare condition, and for most people its either/or.
Also I am aware that I might slip into an addiction again. Any time.
I am also aware that one reason I dont drink that much when I do is, that I ruined my liver.

At any rate, alcohol is just ****ty poison. Its absurd to drink that stuff.
Cheers.
Old 22nd December 2019
  #190
Gear Nut
 

its fernet branca time
Old 22nd December 2019
  #191
Lives for gear
 
memristor's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by user i477533222 View Post
its fernet branca time
We used to drink that after school. In tiny bottles.
Old 22nd December 2019
  #192
Gear Nut
 

reminds me of fall around trees, kinda earthy - im in a city thats pretty lame natural beauty wise
Old 25th December 2019
  #193
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by memristor View Post
At any rate, alcohol is just ****ty poison. Its absurd to drink that stuff.
Sorry, incorrect. It's absurd to drink TOO MUCH of that stuff. A drink or two a night is in fact healthy.

But props on stopping!

Well I'm off for a Dogfishead or 2.
Old 26th December 2019
  #194
Lately I had some white wine. Sauvignon Blanc. Its was great stuff but, I had a little much. I forgot how much stronger it is compared to beer.
Old 26th December 2019
  #195
Lives for gear
Rookie mistake.
Old 26th December 2019
  #196
My boss has been making a Puerto Rican eggnog called 'coquito' that consists of heavy amounts of coconut and rum. I'm not a liqueur kinda guy normally, but it tastes like candy. I'm supposed to get some more later this week, so I'll probably kill the bottle tomorrow night.
Old 26th December 2019
  #197
Today: Grumpy Mule Colombian coffee. Yesterday I drank a Bucks Fizz, a glass of Alsace wine and a 1/4 glass of red. No hangover.
Old 26th December 2019
  #198
Lives for gear
 
Papanate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Side note on PBR, apparently they have one foot in the grave. Let's pretend that's a bad thing.

IT's not going away for a long while. Your Favorite Sh***y Beer Just Got a New Lease on Life
Old 26th December 2019
  #199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
IT's not going away for a long while. Your Favorite Sh***y Beer Just Got a New Lease on Life
TL;DR version:

Miller: We want you to leave.

Pabst: We don't want to!

Courts: We won't make you leave. Even though it's Miller's house, you can stay as long as you like.

The court system is weird, man.
Old 26th December 2019
  #200
Lives for gear
 
Papanate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
TL;DR version:

Miller: We want you to leave.

Pabst: We don't want to!

Courts: We won't make you leave. Even though it's Miller's house, you can stay as long as you like.

The court system is weird, man.

The court case wasn't about staying or leaving - it was about leveraging the income that MillerCoors was making off the popularity of PBR. They settled early before the verdict becuase (I think) MillerCoors was going to lose and have to pay out considerably more than the $400 million Pabst was asking for.

But honestly who knows what those kinds of lawsuits are about. Why would MillerCoors try to kill a Golden Goose like PBR? The Beer is dirt cheap to make - has a distribution deal across the nation - and has zero debt.
Old 26th December 2019
  #201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
The court case wasn't about staying or leaving - it was about leveraging the income that MillerCoors was making off the popularity of PBR. They settled early before the verdict becuase (I think) MillerCoors was going to lose and have to pay out considerably more than the $400 million Pabst was asking for.

But honestly who knows what those kinds of lawsuits are about. Why would MillerCoors try to kill a Golden Goose like PBR? The Beer is dirt cheap to make - has a distribution deal across the nation - and has zero debt.
Yeah, I don't speak good legalese. The whole situation is bizarre. Like every aspect of it. Why brew in your enemy's house? Why is PBR suddenly so popular? Why am I even wearing pants today?
Old 29th December 2019
  #202
For the holidays it's been Irish whiskey and Korean Soju this time around. The Sexton packs a wallop but it's the smoothest Irish whiskey out there so very easy to get tore up on without even realizing it.
And The Emperor is also totally smooth without that cloying sweetness found in cheaper brands. At 24% alcohol it's one of the strongest Soju. 24 may not sound like much but this stuff goes to your head rapidly making it feel like you drank something much stronger. Like with the Sexton you need to go easy with it and that's a challenge because it goes down like water.
What Are You Drinking?-20191229_102720.jpg
A word of warning. Despite being so smooth the Sexton will give you as miserable a hangover as any Irish whiskey. Drink responsibly or pay the price worshipping the porcelain goddess.
Attached Thumbnails
What Are You Drinking?-20191229_102720.jpg  
Old 29th December 2019
  #203
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
And The Emperor is also totally smooth without that cloying sweetness found in cheaper brands. At 24% alcohol it's one of the strongest Soju. 24 may not sound like much but this stuff goes to your head rapidly making it feel like you drank something much stronger. Like with the Sexton you need to go easy with it and that's a challenge because it goes down like water.
That sounds good, and lethal.

Soju in general is dangerous because it's so easy to knock down, especially paired with Korean food or sashimi, but the 'bite' comes more from the inherent sweetness than the alcohol content, at least for me. I tend to like my spirits and wine on the dry side.

Also, soju gives me the worst hangovers, which I assume comes from inferior ingredients and impurities from the distillation process. The Emperor sounds like a couple of steps up.
Old 29th December 2019
  #204
Lives for gear
Hard liquor is also harder on your liver, generally speaking. I'd rather take the extra calories of beer or wine. Plus that way you can drink more (as in volume). I don't exactly chug anything, never have, but I don't nurse drinks either, so that's also a plus...

I got some "flavored" stouts for the holiday - vanilla stouts, that kinda thing. It's a nice change up but I couldn't drink it often. Too sweet
Old 29th December 2019
  #205
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
IT's not going away for a long while. Your Favorite Sh***y Beer Just Got a New Lease on Life
The funny thing is some people consider it a really "good" beer. I don't mean just bubba down at the trailer park either. Go figure lol
Old 29th December 2019
  #206
Lives for gear
 
Papanate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
The funny thing is some people consider it a really "good" beer. I don't mean just bubba down at the trailer park either. Go figure lol
Can there really be a bad beer? The only thing is that the resurgence in PBR had very little to do with taste IMO - I think the biggest driver is price (which to be honest is probably 80% of why it's popular) - while the other is some how PBR has gone from a pedestrian beer to a 'hipster' drink among the youngsters - which is probably 20% of the sales.
Old 29th December 2019
  #207
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
Can there really be a bad beer? The only thing is that the resurgence in PBR had very little to do with taste IMO - I think the biggest driver is price (which to be honest is probably 80% of why it's popular) - while the other is some how PBR has gone from a pedestrian beer to a 'hipster' drink among the youngsters - which is probably 20% of the sales.
If a friend wants to meet up at a bar I don't like with beer I don't like, I'll do PBR because it's almost like not drinking beer and not spending money.
Old 29th December 2019
  #208
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
If a friend wants to meet up at a bar I don't like with beer I don't like, I'll do PBR because it's almost like not drinking beer and not spending money.
PBR seems like a sensible alternative to urotherapy. Gandhi and Lyoto Machida would approve.
Old 29th December 2019
  #209
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papanate View Post
Can there really be a bad beer?
There can be, and there be. Including all that Bud/Miller swill. When I was growing up and even in college there were no "microbrews"- if you wanted a "good" beer you bought imported. Unfortunately no good beer came in kegs so those parties mandated bad beer - not that anyone cared in college
Old 29th December 2019
  #210
Lives for gear
 
Papanate's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
If a friend wants to meet up at a bar I don't like with beer I don't like, I'll do PBR because it's almost like not drinking beer and not spending money.
HA! In the south where I reside - Michelob Ultra is the summer beer pop. PBR has a odd metallic taste to me - just like Lite and to a degree Bud Lite. Ultra doesn't - but then again Ultra isn't really a tradition beer either.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump