The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cookeryslutz
Old 1st October 2019
This summer I got me a ceramic Kamado style grill with a pizzastone...

Tonight was pizza time
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-dscf0314.jpg  
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
This summer I got me a ceramic Kamado style grill with a pizzastone...

Tonight was pizza time
I am a pizza dough fanatic.. that looks good my fav is Russian winter red wheat... wow - I use a ceramic earthen ware plate or stone... it is awesome when you heat up some bricks or rocks/ceramics... around 500 degrees lol
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Moran View Post
Meat and potatoes
Prime strip garlic butter and mushrooms.
Homegrown eggplant fried in beer batter.
Some wines...
That sh*t looks good man, and I dig the libations!
Old 6th December 2019
Winter is closing in...

Cookeryslutz-gs-autumn-stew.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-gs-autumn-stew.png  
Old 10th December 2019
Cheesy oven-baked chips with homemade bread and tomato sauce.

Cookeryslutz-gs-chips.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-gs-chips.png  
Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

My butcher's excellent large Cumberland sausages, roasted 40mins at 200C with potatoes (blanched), carrots, parsnips, red onions, garlic, plenty of olive oil and some herbes de Provence. Easy, cheap and perfect on a cold miserable night
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-1-3-.jpg  
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
My butcher's excellent large Cumberland sausages, roasted 40mins at 200C with potatoes (blanched), carrots, parsnips, red onions, garlic, plenty of olive oil and some herbes de Provence. Easy, cheap and perfect on a cold miserable night
Ahhh herbes de Provence love peasant cooking my favourite!
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
You have everything set for a hearty stew.

Set everything aside in another container, and in the same pan over the stovetop, brown flour dredged salt and peppered stew beef chunks over oil or butter. Pour wine to deglaze and add beef broth to cover the meat (I'd add extra garlic at this point, extra onions, more herbs, you could also add tomatoes or some vinegar for acidity, or extra wine), cook in oven for ~1- 1 1/2 hours or until the meat slightly gets tender. Add the rest, stir well and cook for an additional 15-30 mins (depending how firm you want the vegetables). Add some chopped parsley on top for color before serving.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Oh yes, that sounds good

I had plenty of veg left over after roasting the bangers so I sweated some rough chopped onion and garlic, then cubed potatoes and parsnip with a tiny dash of paprika and some thyme, drowned it all in home made chicken stock* and blitzed it after 20mins simmering. No photo but that was some good soup

* Every time I go to the butchers I ask for any chicken carcasses, bones, beef, veal, whatever they have really ... its fresh but gets chucked out otherwise so its free and it makes great stock. So I have a bunch of stocks in the freezer ready to go, makes all the difference and costs next to nothing.
Old 19th December 2019
I'm eating less acidic foods at this time of year; at this latitude (British Isles) the acidity in the human stomach changes from Summer harvest (acidic fruits/raw tomatoes) to Winter preserves (starchy foods and root vegetables). The body uses acids to break down starchy food so in Wintertime eating or drinking acidic foods can cause indigestion or damage to the stomach lining.
With a few days until mid-Winter I'm noticing the acidity in coffee and drinking less.

I got some vac-pac smoked mackerel for around £1.40 per fish - full of nutrients -mashed them with potato, paprika and red Cheddar cheese into oven-baked fishcakes.

Cookeryslutz-gsfishcake.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-gsfishcake.png  
Old 19th December 2019
Lives for gear
^^ Scrummy
Fried/Poached egg on top of a spare fishcake for lunch
Old 21st December 2019
Lives for gear

Christmas tamales, very traditional in this part of the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-tamales.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search