The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cookeryslutz
Old 9th May 2020

Tasty !
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Boar's Head pancetta, peas, garlic, red pepper, black pepper, parmesan, cream, and fettuccine
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-pancetta-051920.jpg  
Old 20th May 2020
Pasta with fresh tuna and some vegies...

Tasty !
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-dscf1958.jpg  
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for gear

Fajitas - pounded flanksteak marinated in my special sauce for a couple of hours, grilled over mesquite logs w/ grilled onion. The Pico de Gallo is homegrown tomatoes, homegrown cilantro, homegrown jalapeño and diced onions.
Pork tamal and arroz amarillo round things out.
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-fajitas-2-051620.jpg   Cookeryslutz-fajitas-1-051620.jpg  
Old 20th May 2020
Lives for snowflakes

Old 2nd August 2020
Old 2nd August 2020
Here's my latest cookery

Chicken & Vegetable Pot Stickers
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-pot-stickers.jpg   Cookeryslutz-pot-stickers-1.jpg  
Old 2nd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
What ya been cookin' lately @ Arthur Stone
Wow - the food here looks so good.

I'm getting much better at home-baked crusty white bread - after a few years practise. Started a small herb window garden to pep up slow-cook veg and bean casseroles. Majoram, chives, mint; also scored some fresh thyme which I dried.

On the dessert menu: toffee apple flapjack cakes...and pancakes (crepe-style). Tomorrow I'm getting some Sicilian lemons and caster sugar for the pancakes; also some raisins and sugar for variety.
Old 2nd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Wow - the food here looks so good.

I'm getting much better at home-baked crusty white bread - after a few years practise. Started a small herb window garden to pep up slow-cook veg and bean casseroles. Majoram, chives, mint; also scored some fresh thyme which I dried.

On the dessert menu: toffee apple flapjack cakes...and pancakes (crepe-style). Tomorrow I'm getting some Sicilian lemons and caster sugar for the pancakes; also some raisins and sugar for variety.
Wow! That’s making me hungry. Speaking about breakfast, I may delve into cooking up some home made crepes. I found some recipes online. I already have the griddle so I just need to pick up the ingredients.
Old 2nd August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Here's my latest cookery

Chicken & Vegetable Pot Stickers
I have made pot stickers before as well but not in a dogs age.

There was a restaurant in Chinatown in NYC called the "Hunan House" that made the best pot stickers on the planet. Nothing has ever come even close to theirs. Sadly the Chinese mafia wanted too much money so they finally closed their doors. I would sell my soul to the devil for their recipe and cooking technique.

Do you make your own wrappers or do you buy pre made ones? I got lazy so started using pre made ones.

Damn, now I am jonesing for a Hunan House fix.....
Old 3rd August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by PdotDdot View Post
I have made pot stickers before as well but not in a dogs age.

There was a restaurant in Chinatown in NYC called the "Hunan House" that made the best pot stickers on the planet. Nothing has ever come even close to theirs. Sadly the Chinese mafia wanted too much money so they finally closed their doors. I would sell my soul to the devil for their recipe and cooking technique.

Do you make your own wrappers or do you buy pre made ones? I got lazy so started using pre made ones.

Damn, now I am jonesing for a Hunan House fix.....
These were pre made. I lived in California many years ago, the pot stickers in Chinatown were amazing! Even the ones sold in Chinese fast food shops were mouth watering. I sure miss the Dim sum!
Old 3rd August 2020
Cookeryslutz-crusty-white-loaf.png

Some butterscotch sauce with the pancakes...

Cookeryslutz-butterscotch-pancakes.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-butterscotch-pancakes.png   Cookeryslutz-crusty-white-loaf.png  
Old 5th August 2020
I'm just too busy with work these days to bake, but I haven't contributed here for a while, so here's a waffle I made that looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Maybe next weekend I'll bake. Work is exhausting for me as it's my busiest time of the year and I'm doing a lot of overtime.

Working in the federal government is like bashing your head on the table until it feels good.

Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I have been remiss but I have loads of pics that have not been posted.

Fajitas de Rez, roasted poblano peppers and onions, guacamole, sour cream, flour tortillas and yellow rice
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-beef-fajitas-080420.jpg  
Old 7th August 2020
Harvested some wild blackberries then dried them in a slow oven; added some home-made lemon syrup and fresh strawberries...served on bananas.
Cookeryslutz-fruit-salad.png

The pancakes tasted better than they look in the photo...caster sugar is best texture.
Cookeryslutz-lemon-pancakes.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-lemon-pancakes.png   Cookeryslutz-fruit-salad.png  
Old 7th August 2020
It's soooo hot...

I'm coocking icecream with icecubes tonight
Old 7th August 2020
All these goodies are making me hungry!
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for snowflakes

I still eat burnt weeny sandwiches.

It's one of the great things in life. At least it's a great lunch.

You take a Hebrew National, put it on a fork, burn it on the stove, wrap two pieces of bread around it, squirt some mustard on it, eat it and you're back to work.
-Frank Zappa
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-weeny.png  
Old 8th August 2020
Banana Trifle

Cookeryslutz-lemon-sponge.png

Cookeryslutz-add-bananas.png

Cookeryslutz-add-bananas-custard.png

Cookeryslutz-leave-cool.png

Cookeryslutz-add-fruit.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cookeryslutz-add-fruit.png   Cookeryslutz-leave-cool.png   Cookeryslutz-lemon-sponge.png   Cookeryslutz-add-bananas-custard.png   Cookeryslutz-add-bananas.png  

📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear