The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Gearslutz Video Gamers Club
Old 22nd October 2019
Lives for gear

When my fiancee and I first met, one of the first things we realized we had in common was an unholy love for Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.
We still do a full playthrough at least once a year.
Old 8th January 2020
Has any of you guys tried out the Oculus Quest yet. Got one 2 days ago. First time I tried out VR. I am HOOKED!! Already spent over $200 for games
Next is the link cable so I can try out the more heavy duty Oculus Rift and Steam VR games. Can`t wait to finally try out Alien Isolation in VR.
Old 8th January 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
Has any of you guys tried out the Oculus Quest yet. Got one 2 days ago. First time I tried out VR. I am HOOKED!! Already spent over $200 for games
Next is the link cable so I can try out the more heavy duty Oculus Rift and Steam VR games. Can`t wait to finally try out Alien Isolation in VR.
I hope the VR format sticks around. It seems like when the PlayStation VR came out, it ended up being more of a novelty and not many games get developed for it. I loved anything VR-related as a kid and would love to live out my fantasies of completely virtual games.

Old 8th January 2020
Diablo IV is being developed!

Old 9th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
I hope the VR format sticks around. It seems like when the PlayStation VR came out, it ended up being more of a novelty and not many games get developed for it. I loved anything VR-related as a kid and would love to live out my fantasies of completely virtual games.

Yes, I feel your pain. This happened with various consoles and mobile gaming devices as well. Oculus seems to be on a mission to not fall into that pit though. There`s already a decent selection just for the quest itself. Add what you get for Rift and Steam VR on top of that, and things are starting to look real good.

Then there`s all the other apps like Netflix VR, Bigscreen Cinema, Skybox Youtube etc. Fun times!

Last edited by deondamage; 10th January 2020 at 04:47 AM..
Old 21st January 2020
For those that played the old time favorite.

Old 22nd January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
For those that played the old time favorite.

Is this one out yet? Been waiting impatiently for this one and Doom Eternal.
Old 22nd January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by deondamage View Post
Is this one out yet? Been waiting impatiently for this one and Doom Eternal.
Not sure. Soon if it's not out yet. I saw it advertised when I downloaded an update for my Nvidia graphics card.
Old 22nd January 2020
Lives for gear

They need a 'project blue book' game..... bad....
Old 24th January 2020

1month to go!!

Old 12th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Diablo IV is being developed!

And it's looking GOOD!

Old 12th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
And it's looking GOOD!

It's kinda' scary! If I buy it, I'm afraid I'll fall into a hole and never come out.

With the former version of Diablo, I was so addicted that I would play 12-14hrs per day and on occasion, over 24hrs!
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

I loved the Diablo games- but they peaked with D2 in my humble. The atmosphere and skill system can't be beaten. To me, Diablo 3 felt and looked like a Capcom game and the skill system was a bit too simple for my tastes. Though once you got the right armour set, it could be devastating. I just prefer the more arcane feel of the first two.

I'm a fan of open world RPG stuff- from Ocarina of Time through Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Also some sandbox stuff- Empyrion, Space Engineers and (even at my age!!) I'm a sucker for Minecraft- just as a bit of a comfort zone I can retreat into from hectic days...

Really looking forward to Cyberpunk. Been playing recent Deus Ex games again in preparation!!
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

blue book ~ you watching?
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s wave View Post
blue book ~ you watching?
Yes!
Check, here.
Old 5th May 2020
Gear Addict

For all my fellow Gamerslutz who grew up on 1990's SquareSoft RPGs: my brilliant guitarist buddy Brandon Coleman in Cincinnati arranged the music from the Black Omen dungeon in Chrono Trigger for our shreddy pleasure. The Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross soundtracks are two of my very favorites!

Old 13th May 2020
Lives for gear

We're finally seeing some technology demos for the upcoming generation of game systems, and the audio throughout this demo running on a PS5 is wonderfully impressive:

The Tempest audio engine integrated into this console is really intriguing. Their goal was to enable hundreds of simultaneous sound sources with high quality sample rate conversion and individual 3D spacial positioning using customizable HRTF, and still have enough computational muscle left over for convolution reverb and other goodies. In particular, they mentioned sound field recording in this demo. I'm intrigued to learn more.

The audio portion alone of the chip powering this system is hundreds of times faster than commercially available DSP that a lot of music gear is designed around. Staggering, really.
Old 14th May 2020
Gear Addict

@ Lady Gaia -- I'm such an old-school gamer geek, it can be hard for me to get excited about modern game engines... but the Unreal team has always been excellent, and this video looks really, really exciting. Those are some seriously immersive vibes and could be conducive to some really beautiful games. Very exciting!
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

Who let the spam bots in?

That aside, the Playstation 4 generation is wrapping up on a pretty strong note. I was a huge fan of The Last of Us, and the long-awaited sequel is just over three weeks away. Today's State of Play presentation on the upcoming title gives away some of the premise and early events but doesn't seem to too spoilerific, unlike a lot of the commentary out there (so be careful reading anything about the title if you're interested.)

About a month later we'll see the last of Sony's big announced titles, which was the subject of a presentation a few weeks back. Ghost of Tsushima:

I love that Sony is once again finishing the generation strong, making the wait for the PS5 that much more bearable and all but guaranteeing that the new generation will bring with it an amazing slate of games once again.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Who all is chomping at the bit for the PS5? I'm not, but I was just curious if you guys are.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Who all is chomping at the bit for the PS5? I'm not, but I was just curious if you guys are.
I'll have it the first day it's released.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
I'll have it the first day it's released.
Ditto. You wouldn't believe how much time I spend each day keeping up with the latest news. It only happens once each generation, but it's a huge time sink. I just find the technology involved absolutely fascinating.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Ditto. You wouldn't believe how much time I spend each day keeping up with the latest news. It only happens once each generation, but it's a huge time sink. I just find the technology involved absolutely fascinating.
Actually, I would believe it. I may not be a gear slut, but I'm definitely a game slut.

Not sure if you were aware but check this out:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ct-of-all-time

Just imagine what Rockstar is gonna come up with next right?

And Playstation always has the best exclusive titles- the next Uncharted will be amazing with Drake's daughter probably being the main character. Hope Sully is still around too lol.

I've never regretted buying a new Playstation right outta the gate because I know it's always going to blow my mind.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been keeping up with the PS5 memes, that's for sure. There are so many, all so hilarious .... I'm actually more excited for PS4 games at this point. Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima look awesome. Horizon 2, Deathloop, and Solar Ashe (for the PS5) look great though!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I've been keeping up with the PS5 memes, that's for sure. There are so many, all so hilarious .... I'm actually more excited for PS4 games at this point. Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima look awesome. Horizon 2, Deathloop, and Solar Ashe (for the PS5) look great though!
LOU 2 will be crazy good- the original LOU is like watching a great movie and playing a great game at the same time. Oh no...it's calling to me again- thanks for that

Anyone here a Just Cause fan? I love JC3...JC4 not as much, but still very good
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
LOU 2 will be crazy good- the original LOU is like watching a great movie and playing a great game at the same time. Oh no...it's calling to me again- thanks for that

Anyone here a Just Cause fan? I love JC3...JC4 not as much, but still very good
Definitely. I played that one at my parents house and my mom got invested in the story as she was just passing by. She started calling it "Zombies," like, Are you going to play Zombies today? The new one looks so sweet, especially that Seattle setting. I sold my PS4 way back when I didn't have any money in order to get a good GPU so I could play games on my PC ... but now I'm considering getting a PS4 Pro for LoU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully I can wait it out and prices drop when the PS5 comes out.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Definitely. I played that one at my parents house and my mom got invested in the story as she was just passing by. She started calling it "Zombies," like, Are you going to play Zombies today? The new one looks so sweet, especially that Seattle setting. I sold my PS4 way back when I didn't have any money in order to get a good GPU so I could play games on my PC ... but now I'm considering getting a PS4 Pro for LoU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Hopefully I can wait it out and prices drop when the PS5 comes out.
Daaaamn, that musta been rough letting go of your PS4. Wait it out if you can cause the PS5 will be backwards compatible with top 100 PS4 games at launch and eventually, all PS4 mainstream titles.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Daaaamn, that musta been rough letting go of your PS4. Wait it out if you can cause the PS5 will be backwards compatible with top 100 PS4 games at launch and eventually, all PS4 mainstream titles.
Pretty rough, but I was getting busier and it was a tradeoff for PC gaming. Wish I could've kept it though. Okay, I'll see about waiting out the PS5 then. Horizon Zero Dawn is releasing on the PC soon, so I might play that again, and then Cyberpunk will be out in a bit, so I can probably occupy myself with those for a while. One thing I like more about PC is the framerates. I get close to 300 frames in some games and have a 144 Hz monitor! It's smooth as butter.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Pretty rough, but I was getting busier and it was a tradeoff for PC gaming. Wish I could've kept it though. Okay, I'll see about waiting out the PS5 then. Horizon Zero Dawn is releasing on the PC soon, so I might play that again, and then Cyberpunk will be out in a bit, so I can probably occupy myself with those for a while. One thing I like more about PC is the framerates. I get close to 300 frames in some games and have a 144 Hz monitor! It's smooth as butter.
I have a friend who bought a massive custom PC rig for one game- No Man's Sky

We never discussed whether or not he was happy with the decision given the huge disappointment the game was the first year of it's existence.

Hello Games almost said Goodbye Forever...luckily they saved themselves by releasing massive updates which actually could have been NMS2, but they did the right thing imo.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I have a friend who bought a massive custom PC rig for one game- No Man's Sky

We never discussed whether or not he was happy with the decision given the huge disappointment the game was the first year of it's existence.
From what I've read, if you stuck it out, they fixed many of the games issues a couple years after release. Not gonna lie, jogging my memory about this game is making me want to snag a PS4.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear