The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Gearslutz Video Gamers Club
Old 2nd January 2018
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Flight simulation is a strong niche, had a friend doing pilot school a few years back and it was amazing how realistic those simulators are. Kind of boring though, some guys were just "playing" control tower which is definitely not as fun as slashing the bad guys on Dark Souls.
Old 16th February 2018
Been a console-slutz since I first got to play SuperNintendo at a friends house. Since then there been PS2-PS3-PS4, N64, Wii, NES and so on... Right now hooked on Horizon Zero Dawn, amazing game with a fantastic story! Missing the good old days with the older Tony Hawks pro skater thou....
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear
I might buy a video game again when they master all the VR helmets and such.
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I've played the first Witcher and I had a blast playing it when it first came out. Not sure if it was the Witcher or another game but I became an expert pick pocket.
Not Witcher, probably was Thief Thief (series - Wikipedia)
Thief series are included in my hall of fame along with Ultima and Witcher.
Not playing anything now, Witcher 3 is so good that I got spoiled, anything else just feel meh...
Terrible side effect of the Witcher series...
I guess my gaming days are over...

Ahh, forgot to mention that Halo, Dishonored and Tomb Raider were interesting and
also liked RTS games like Total Annihilation, Command & Conquer, Starcraft and
Warlords Battlecry.
Old 2nd March 2018
So as an update, every since they ported Rocket League to switch, I've been basically hooked on it.

It's cross-platform so PC, xbox, ps4 players can all get it as well. It's also like $20 so it's worth checking out. It's a legit esport though so be prepared to have to work at it for a dozen hours or so to get the hang of it.
Old 13th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictus View Post
Not Witcher, probably was Thief Thief (series - Wikipedia)
Thief series are included in my hall of fame along with Ultima and Witcher.
Not playing anything now, Witcher 3 is so good that I got spoiled, anything else just feel meh...

Ahh, forgot to mention that Halo, Dishonored and Tomb Raider were interesting and
also liked RTS games like Total Annihilation, Command & Conquer, Starcraft and
Warlords Battlecry.
No, it definitely was not Thief. It may have been Daggerfall II.
Old 16th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictus View Post
Felt exactly the same after finishing the main quest on Witcher 3, but the From Soft games (Dark Souls and Bloodborne) have revived gaming for me. Amazing games, once you get past their punishing difficulty of course!
Old 16th April 2018
Lives for gear

Another gamer here with roots back in the Apple ][ era, period of heavy PC gaming, but these days almost 100% console focused. I'm currently just enjoying something lightweight (Tropico 5) while waiting for the new God of War to arrive on Friday.
Old 19th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Another gamer here with roots back in the Apple ][ era, period of heavy PC gaming, but these days almost 100% console focused. I'm currently just enjoying something lightweight (Tropico 5) while waiting for the new God of War to arrive on Friday.
I've played every Tropico from 3-5 on my xbox 360. I never really sunk my teeth into 5 as I got ridiculous at 4 and then with having to ward off foreign invasion and having to explore lands on your island I was a bit turned off. Best game soundtrack ever imo tho.

I really hope they eventually bring Tropico or Sim City to the Switch.
Old 23rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsolo View Post
I've played every Tropico from 3-5 on my xbox 360. I never really sunk my teeth into 5 as I got ridiculous at 4 and then with having to ward off foreign invasion and having to explore lands on your island I was a bit turned off. Best game soundtrack ever imo tho.
Not for my taste...
The best game soundtrack ever probably is GTA Vice City with the 80's hits...
Heroes of Might and Magic IV is good and Witcher series outstanding...
Old 23rd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo C View Post
Felt exactly the same after finishing the main quest on Witcher 3, but the From Soft games (Dark Souls and Bloodborne) have revived gaming for me. Amazing games, once you get past their punishing difficulty of course!
Uma vez testei o Dark Souls 3, mas não gostei...
Provavelmente efeito colateral por já ter jogado Witcher...

Well, decided to install the very old Total Annihilation - Commander Pack
to keep the mind sharp...

Nice soundtrack
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

I just don't have as much time as I used to have to finish games ... which is why something like Abzu was a really fun experience for me. Really awesome game. It's like Journey, obviously, which I also loved.

I still need to pick up Oxenfree. Another I'm on the cusp of buying is The Witness. Indies just seem a lot more digestible for me, so I think that's the way for me to go. I might pick up Shadow of Colossus at some point. We'll see.
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

The Witness is an amazing game. I can’t recommend it highly enough if you like a real intellectual challenge, just be warned that it is not some light fluffy puzzle game. It’s a real masterpiece IMHO, and don’t let anyone spoil you on it. There are some really remarkable aspects. Oxenfree is interesting and well executed but not in the league as either The Witness or Journey. It’s just a good, solid indie title.

God of War is absolutely amazing so far. Easily among the very best to grace the PS4, and a real game design showcase. It’s also pretty long and sprawling while demanding a fair bit of the player. Not easy to play in short bursts, I wouldn’t think.
Old 24th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
The Witness is an amazing game. I can’t recommend it highly enough if you like a real intellectual challenge, just be warned that it is not some light fluffy puzzle game. It’s a real masterpiece IMHO, and don’t let anyone spoil you on it. There are some really remarkable aspects. Oxenfree is interesting and well executed but not in the league as either The Witness or Journey. It’s just a good, solid indie title.

God of War is absolutely amazing so far. Easily among the very best to grace the PS4, and a real game design showcase. It’s also pretty long and sprawling while demanding a fair bit of the player. Not easy to play in short bursts, I wouldn’t think.
Very cool. Sounds like it's up my alley. An intellectual challenge is totally what I'm up for right now, and it looked The Witness was the ticket. I might start it tonight. I'm still going at Talos Principle too, so maybe I should finish that first, or play them concurrently. Another puzzle game I really enjoyed was Portal 2.

I've thought about getting God of War, but I don't know if I can justify the price. Not that I won't enjoy it and all, but I don't think I'd be able to give it what it demands. But if it is too good to pass up, maybe I'll fork over the cash and hunker down when I can.
Old 25th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Very cool. Sounds like it's up my alley. An intellectual challenge is totally what I'm up for right now, and it looked The Witness was the ticket. I might start it tonight. I'm still going at Talos Principle too, so maybe I should finish that first, or play them concurrently. Another puzzle game I really enjoyed was Portal 2.

I've thought about getting God of War, but I don't know if I can justify the price. Not that I won't enjoy it and all, but I don't think I'd be able to give it what it demands. But if it is too good to pass up, maybe I'll fork over the cash and hunker down when I can.
Portal 2 is one of the very best games ever made. Simply brilliant.
Old 25th April 2018
I just watched a YouTube video of Portal 2, looks like a kool game.
Old 19th June 2018
Gear Guru

I go through phases. I used to love gaming, now I rarely do it just because you really do have to commit a lot of time, especially for a really good game. I told myself I can't have a PS4 until I play through my PS3 games. Since the PS3 is pretty much at the end of its lifecycle, it's safe to say that I don't play that many games these days. I usually play a game long after the popularity has faded. The last one I played and really got into was Elders Scrolls: Oblivion. It was one of those rare games where I would rush home after work and play it until it was time to go to bed every day. I'm not even a sword and sorcery guy in the least, but it was just such a deep and involving game. I was so disappointed when I finished it and went on to Skyrim. Totally different gaming experience and I just didn't take to it like I did Oblivion.

Quote:
I just watched a YouTube video of Portal 2, looks like a kool game.
It's fun, especially if you don't usually get into first person shooters. It's less about fast movements and shooting things and more about solving puzzles. Plus the story/dialog are HILARIOUS.

Old 12th July 2018
My wife came home from work today with brand new Atari and Genesis consoles she got at 50% off from a store going out of business! These things even work with the original cartridges which she’s got a big stockpile of
This is going to be alot of retro arcade fun!!!!
Maybe we’ll even pull her old Vectrex out of the basement for a little actual retro action too!
Old 13th August 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 View Post
My wife came home from work today with brand new Atari and Genesis consoles she got at 50% off from a store going out of business! These things even work with the original cartridges which she’s got a big stockpile of
This is going to be alot of retro arcade fun!!!!
Maybe we’ll even pull her old Vectrex out of the basement for a little actual retro action too!
Oh, the Genesis. So many great memories from that console. Phantasy Star II-IV, Shinning In The Darkness/Shinning Force, Sonic 1 and 2, Flashback, Out Run, Chakan...
Old 9th November 2018
Lives for gear

Old 16th November 2018
That Witcher 3 soundtrack concert...wow! Thanks for posting it @ Pictus , I'm a huge fan of the game. About to replay it after upgrading my video card.
Old 27th November 2018
Here for the gear

Yes, the witcher is a good game, I really like it, but I prefer such games as Starcraft and Warcraft.I have been watching the Starcraft Championship for a long time. I really liked playing Starcraft, but now I like to watch the game of cybersportsmen more. I sometimes make bets, small amounts on my favorite team. <deleted by mod> I remember how my friends and I used to spend all our free time on games, but now we are playing less and less. We resigned to the fact that we will not become professional players. But I still love to watch a good game.

Last edited by Diogo C; 27th November 2018 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: No betting sites links here please. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear

Nice to see some overlap between the gamer and electronic music celebrated tonight at the Video Game Awards. The live orchestra may not have had the most imaginative material to work with in all cases, but they were able to show some range along with conspicuous appearances by the Korg Prologue and Linnstrument.
Old 7th December 2018
Don`t have much time for games anymore, BUT there are some ones I`ve pledged my legion too. So when they get released I stop all my work an finish them in 2 or 3 sittings, then back to work. The Last one was Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus. The next one will be DOOM Eternal. That one I`ll finish a couple of times though.
Old 19th December 2018
Mechwarrior 5

I’m getting pretty excited about this

I 1st got hooked on MW3 then moved onto MW4 Vengeance followed by Mercenaries. I used to play in a league unit called the Midnight Cobras which had a long run on the top of the FFP ladders. Mechwarrior was one of the original battle sims and now that it’s back in the care of Pirhana it should be good again like MW3 was. Can’t wait to try it.
Old 14th February 2019
I'm considering playing this:

...while I wait for this:

Old 14th February 2019
That looks like a kool game.

I've purposely have avoided computer games after having suffered a real bad Diablo addiction that lasted for about three years.

I was playing on average about 6-10 hours per day and sometimes playing all night until 7am the following day.
Old 15th February 2019
Quote:
That looks like a kool game.

I've purposely have avoided computer games after having suffered a real bad Diablo addiction that lasted for about three years.

I was playing on average about 6-10 hours per day and sometimes playing all night until 7am the following day.
Been there mate, clocked over 1k hours on Diablo 3!

I'm trying to avoid mouse + keyboard games, main reason I might skip that Metro Exodus...and games like that are just terrible on joystick, so I might just wait for Sekiro to arrive.

In the meanwhile I can get another Dark Souls playthrough going...

Old 15th February 2019
Finally got to finish Alien Isolation a couple of days ago...about 1 year after purchasing it. Even though I loved it, I didn`t have enough time for all the crawling and hiding, so ended up having to take long gaming breaks between the sessions. Progress was agonizingly slow. The ending was bad ass though. Wish I could play it again, but this time with all the weapons from DOOM. Would be able to finish it in one sitting. Speaking of DOOM, anyone know the release date of the next one?

On another topic, so far my 13 year old son and myself have just been into console gaming (all of them). In the past couple of years, he`s been spending a lot of money on Playstation cards, for the online gaming and in-app purchases. A couple of months ago, I suggested that he safe up all that cash for a gaming PC instead. So we are currently looking to buy a complete system from Digital Storm. I know it`s better to build one, but I want this to be his hobby and currently, he has no experience with PCs. The idea is for him to upgrade and customize, until he is confident enough to build his own. Does anyone here have experience with Digital Storm`s products? They seem to be legit.
Old 15th February 2019
Ha ha, I used to play Doom ALL the time back in the day. What a fun game that was!

I didn't hear about a new one but would be kool if a new version was released.

Have you seen the movie The film is very good, I loved it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search